WTS/WTT: Savage 10FP-SR 223 duracoated tan in NE IN.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Savage 10FP-SR 223 duracoated tan in NE IN. More Pics Added

I bought this rifle brand new and I’m very impressed with it. I’ve been using it as a long range plinking rifle and so far I can make consistent hits with it out to 700 yards using 69gr matchking ammo.

Since I bought the rifle I have applied some duracoat to it in Magpul Flat Dark Earth. Over all the duracoat has held up very well, but the bolt does show some signs of wear. Other wise it still looks great. The rifle currently sets with an A2 flash hider on the end of the barrel, but I wanted to let everyone know that the knurled thread protector is also duracoated and included. I did the duracoat on this rifle myself as an added level of weather protection.

The scope on the rifle is a bushnell 10X that I bought new. It’s proven reliable and repeatable for me and I have no complaints about it. I have precise drop charts for multiple types of 223 ammo and a quick hold over chart that doesn’t require any scope adjustment at all. The mount holding the scope is a solid one piece mount made by DNZ Game Reaper.

I still have the factory stock that has been duracoated, but currently the rifle is wearing a B&C medalist that’s tan with the black spider webbing. Since I changed the stock to the B&C Medalist the internal magazine seems to have one hiccup when feeding only the second round. When I load the magazine full, the first round feeds fine, but then the second just misses, then the rest of the rounds feed 100%. I think there's just a small burr somewhere I need to polish, but haven't had the time. When I had the rifle in the factory stock I would fully load the internal mag and it would feed and cycle 100%. With the new stock when I fully load the internal mag it feeds the first round 100%, but then on the next round I always have to adjust it for some reason, and then the rest of the rounds feed 100%. I know it's probably some small little feeding issue, but I wanted to fully disclose it. It's probably a simple fix that for some reason seems to escape me.

While I am the original owner of this rifle, I have sold this rifle once before. I sold it about a year ago because with three kids under the age of 5 I don't get out and shoot like I used to anymore. I missed the rifle enough and wanted to make sure that it was in a good home that I contacted the buyer and asked about how he was liking the rifle. He mentioned that he hadn't shot it once and wouldn't mind selling it back so I bought it back for what he paid me for it. Since buying it back, I don't think I've put 25 rounds through it and it's just sitting around again. I can honestly say that I shot the best group of my life with this rifle and that I hate to let it go, but I just don't use it anymore and I'd like to see it go to a good home where it'll have plenty of room to run around and play.

Total Investment:
    Rifle: $600
    Stock: $200
    Scope: $150
    Mount: $50
    Duracoat Kit: $50
    Total: about $1,000 in this rifle.

Options: I have a bipod, scope level, and stock pack on this rig that are negotiable. I'd prefer to keep them, but

Price: $725 picked up in or near Fort Wayne, IN.

Round Count: Less than 400

Trades: While I'd prefer the cash route, I'm open to the idea of trades. Anything from a Springfield loaded parkerized 1911, to a single shot rolling block 22lr rifle. if you've got something it never hurts to send a message and the worst I'll do is politely say that I'm not interested.

Pictures:

I'll add more pictures whenever I get a chance.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom