• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chingascook

Plinker
    Jul 17, 2010
    I am a newbie on this site and a newbie at hunting with a muzzloader.
    A long time friend has suggested going for one of these,due to the fact that you can use smokeless powders.
    Any owners out there?
    Any and all comments would be appreciated.
    I did read about the one that had the barrel blow up,but that to me must have involved other factors.
    Chingascook

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i personally like the tc prohunter and black powder better. also you can get a tc omega for the same money as a ml10. i defintally recomend it for a new guy. i have a buddy how does not reload and uses a ml10. his powder mesurement is so far off i wont stand near the gun when he shoots. with black powder its much easier for a newbie to drop in 2 or 3 pellets and load the gun than weighing powder

shooter

Plinker
    Jun 8, 2008
    i personally like the tc prohunter and black powder better. also you can get a tc omega for the same money as a ml10. i defintally recomend it for a new guy. i have a buddy how does not reload and uses a ml10. his powder mesurement is so far off i wont stand near the gun when he shoots. with black powder its much easier for a newbie to drop in 2 or 3 pellets and load the gun than weighing powder
    The Omega is a good gun. I have one that i love to hunt with. A very good starter muzzy.The savage has good reviews too, thought along time about getting one, untill I shouldered the new bone collector! and I took that home and have been super pleased with it! good luck:rockwoot:

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Nov 23, 2009
    I had one of the first models and really like it. I had the modules that you load the 209's in and then insert them. I like this better than the current models.

MadCity Hoosier

Plinker
    Jul 28, 2010
    Greencastle
    They are great guns. I've been shooting one for 5 years. You should check out the Randy Wakeman site for more info on the Savage 10ML-II.

Savage Muzzleloading by Randy Wakeman

You would have to be negligent to blow one up. They are proofed at about 130,000psi. Recommended Savage loadings only produce around 30,000psi "champber" pressure. I'll be happy to share some of my insight with you if you have questions/are still considering a Savage muzzleloader.

61482zane

Plinker
    Mar 9, 2009
    BFE
    savage

by far the best muzzle loader on the market!! u bring that pro hunter over any time u want 427vet. pain to get started shooting one but when u get it down they shoot amazing. and u dont have to clean it every shot.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    by far the best muzzle loader on the market!! u bring that pro hunter over any time u want 427vet. pain to get started shooting one but when u get it down they shoot amazing. and u dont have to clean it every shot.

let me know if you ever get it down:rolleyes:. travis said basicall the same and i finally got him to bring out his savage to compete against my prohunter. needless to say i won. you 2 kids couldn't hit sane if you fell off a camel:D

Top Bottom