• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I had a few flocks of cranes fly over me while goose hunting the Kankakee River near the state line last Sunday (2/4)

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Saturday 2/2/2024, 1:45 p.m. N.W. Johnson Co. as always heard them long before sighting. Put a smile on my face to hear the early spring greeting from high in the sky. Mother nature again sooths the soul.

Next up peepers then mushrooms, Yeah!
    Mushrooms, bah, I can do without them, I hate those. I always wack them (even morel) with a golf driver.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Saw several flying over, and on the ground, near Jasper-Pulaski Wildlife area on 02/04/24. I live in Lake County, so I do not know if this is usual.

Edit: Sandhill cranes, not mushrooms. Although, I understand that some mushrooms may make people see strange things.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    In South Lake County yesterday had a Robin knock itself out for a few minutes on a picture window before flying away and flocks of Sandhill every 45 minutes today

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Been hearing a couple/few Sandhills off and on from the wetlands to my immediate S/SE. Haven’t heard/seen any flocks flying over.

First robin in the yard last Monday. Have had a bunch of bees and other insects for a week or so. Thursday was working right outside my shop. At 62* outside I turned off the heat and left the doors open for most of afternoon. The result was multitudes of flies inside. So bad I couldn’t stand to sit down inside as immediately half a dozen swarming around my head/face. Resorted to putting up some fly traps and grabbing a fly swatter. I probably killed a couple dozen. My Pitt/Lab mix was after them also and caught a few. Yesterday morning the fly traps probably had a dozen or two on them. Still was some flying around tho.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    All morning yesterday flocks going overhead. Funny thing the Amish crew working at our place didn’t know what they were.. cool to hear their signs of spring stories. Very close on signs and types of birds they notice.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Yesterday I drove by the wetland reserve area on the north end of Summit Lake in Henry Co. Haven't been there in a few years, and it was cool to see that there's an eagle nest in a cottonwood tree at the edge of the wetland. Saw both parents in a tree nearby. I remember when just seeing a Bald Eagle in this part of Indiana was a big deal.

I also think I saw like three Sandhill Cranes flying in the distance, but I never got close enough to be sure that's what they were. Made a note to myself to start taking my binocs in the truck with me.

Top Bottom