• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We got the "first year free" deal at Sam's last year. (Pay $45 for a membership and get a $45 Sam's gift card... they are still doing it if anyone is interested.)

Is there any way to get a discount on membership fees for subsequent years? I hate to pay $45 a year just to buy gas and toilet paper....

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We have been 'Plus' members since 2011, our membership renewal is $100, Okiegirl and I both have our own cards. We spend a couple hundred dollars there every two to three weeks. Which is not that hard, especially if you buy your liquor there.

For the past 10 years, we've accumulated enough Sam's Cash annually that we use that to pay the renewal.

Lpherr

Occupied
    The original membership had both household members on it. Not sure if I can just switch them now.
    Probably not. When we were getting the Sam's membership, we would put it in one of our names, and then the following year we put it in the others name. We don't get Sam's anymore; they stopped carrying several products we went there for, so now we just stick with Costco.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We have been 'Plus' members since 2011, our membership renewal is $100, Okiegirl and I both have our own cards. We spend a couple hundred dollars there every two to three weeks. Which is not that hard, especially if you buy your liquor there.

For the past 10 years, we've accumulated enough Sam's Cash annually that we use that to pay the renewal.
    We're not as hard core as you. l absolutely HATE going into the store. I swing by for the $0.25-0.30 savings on gas and have placed a few orders for paper products that I have had shipped. Worth the $8 shipping on multiple large packs of toilet paper or multiple packages of paper cups/plates when I use $3 in gas just getting to the store.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We're not as hard core as you. l absolutely HATE going into the store. I swing by for the $0.25-0.30 savings on gas and have placed a few orders for paper products that I have had shipped. Worth the $8 shipping on multiple large packs of toilet paper or multiple packages of paper cups/plates when I use $3 in gas just getting to the store.
    In the beginning we were feeding 2 full time and 2 part time kids. So, yeah, we were pretty hard core. My employer gives me a Costco membership for free. Now we split between the two, depending on what we're looking for.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    We’ve been ‘Plus’ members for a while too. Between the annual cash back and free shipping on most items it’s been a great deal for us. Annual $100 membership returned $228 cash to us this year. We are about 30 miles from the store so we use the free shipping a lot.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We’ve been ‘Plus’ members for a while too. Between the annual cash back and free shipping on most items it’s been a great deal for us. Annual $100 membership returned $228 cash to us this year. We are about 30 miles from the store so we use the free shipping a lot.
    You get free shipping with a plus membership? On everything? I assume they do not ship perishable food items.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This is how we do it as well. CKW went with the daughter and dropped $487 restocking all the bulk items we did not get last month. Lots of meat and cleaning stuff as well.
    Even Sams prices are rising week to week.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bulk paper goods are priced right and the amounts are serious.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Use to get our membership for free. Some deal they had with my old job.

Haven't been in a sams since a year or 2 before the east side location closed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went in a Sam's Club once through some kind of free trial or something. I was curious about the prices, but once I did the calculations, it was no cheaper than Walmart or really just about anywhere I shop. Just because something comes in a big container doesn't necessarily make it a bargain. When I broke it down into the units I typically buy in, the difference was either non-existent, slightly higher or (very) slightly lower. Wasn't worth it to me.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I went in a Sam's Club once through some kind of free trial or something. I was curious about the prices, but once I did the calculations, it was no cheaper than Walmart or really just about anywhere I shop. Just because something comes in a big container doesn't necessarily make it a bargain. When I broke it down into the units I typically buy in, the difference was either non-existent, slightly higher or (very) slightly lower. Wasn't worth it to me.
    I agree for the most part. But there are a few things we use a lot of that are significantly cheaper there, and the discount on gas is also significant. I just have to weigh whether it's worth paying $45 for it.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I agree for the most part. But there are a few things we use a lot of that are significantly cheaper there, and the discount on gas is also significant. I just have to weigh whether it's worth paying $45 for it.
    If you're doing it for the gas, I would say it will more than pay for itself.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd be interested in some current price breakdowns, comparing online bulk purchasing vs Sam's.

Also wonder if the gas pricing continues to be much better with the current Biden pricing?

I'd look at joining up again, if they were actually ahead of everyone else.

All that said, is Sam's still a part of Walmart, with their anti-gun organization supporting? Hate to be paying to support the antis... :n00b:

Top Bottom