• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    My Lady picked up her M&P Shield friday. She has not had the opportunity to take it to the range. We are now in the holster acquisition phase.
    Factors:
    -I cannot see her getting an inside the waistband holster as this requires a bigger pant size to accomodate(gal thing)?
    -Is Kydex more harsh on the gun's finish than leather which she would prefer?
    -Is not big on the idea of a purse holster(does not always carry a purse)
    -Leather holster to have sight "rail" to cut down on dust on the sight.
    I can see the need for a couple of holsters. If she is wearing sweats or scrubs, she will not be wearing a belt, therefore a paddle will be needed.
    Suggestions would be appreciated...

GlockWielder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I think IWB is the best carry method around for such a small pistol. It's comfortable, fast, and the most concealable. What else could you want from a CCW? When you carry a gun it changes your wardrobe if you are going to carry it any amount of time so if you do go IWB, just by more clothes (She will love when you take her shopping!)
    Kydex or any kind of plastic holster is better than leather. Leather puts more friction all over the gun where kydex will only wear it slightly in certain places. I prefer kydex over leather because they are maintenance free, faster, more comfortable, and just better.
    Check out the fobus holster made for the SHIELD. It's about the only OWB holster I would use right now. As time passes more IWB holsters will come out but as for right now, I would look for a Desantis Sof-Tuk.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Came across this video a while ago and thought it was very well done on concealed carry options for women.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

If you search for more videos by her I think she reviews a few new ones for the Shield that she carries.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Both leather and kydex will put some wear on the firearm, neither will leave your gun blemish-free.

I prefer kydex as I think it does less damage to the surfaces in the long run, assuming it's made properly. Also, if you get any junk down in it, just take some dishwashing liquid and a scrubby brush and go to town. You can't really do that with leather.

Check this guy out, he recently added the Shield to his line-up.
    He will make them two-toned as well upon request.

Phlster Holsters

Mongoose1.1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I carry the Shield concealed just about everywhere. It fits comfortably IWB/OWB and on my ankle.

IMO go with Raven concealment, they are custom and more expensive ($79 for the Shield) but worth every penny (super comfortable, life time guarantee, same holster can be worn IWB and OWB). Raven is only about $20 dollars more than the leather OWB Galco holster if I remember.

Galco makes two comfortable holsters for Shield:
    stow n go
    Stinger (leather)

Ankle holster: blackhawk (FYI make sure to try it in the store before buying. Ankle holster is not the most comfortable but works for me. You might find it to cumbersome.

Enjoy that Shield, it's awesome.

Top Bottom