• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    How is this possible? Everyone KNOWS it's impossible for a pistol to fire when the active safety is engaged. Even the possibility of full auto fire with the safety engaged. No way Jose. :dunno:

With a loaded magazine in the firearm and the grip safety depressed, releasing the slide (by pulling it back, or releasing the slide stop), may ignite the round as the slide closes, without engaging the trigger. The condition may occur, regardless of the manual thumb safety position if equipped. This may also result in multiple discharges.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Thanks. My dad has the 380 & 9mm. The 380 is old enough not to be affected. But I'm pretty sure the 9 will be in the recall.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    SO. the EZ is easy to fire as well.
    Question though. Is the hammer in question on these all steel, or MIM(?) I don't own one, just curious as to why they would crack. Maybe bad casting/forging or cheap steel?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Mine is not on the list, thank goodness. I bought mine earlier this year and had to send it back, they had it for 8 weeks! Have only put 50 rounds though it since getting it back (ammo is too expensive to test it more thoroughly). They polished he feed ramp and did something to he extractor. If I could, I would sell it and pick up a XDe.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I got the email with the label today 11/24/2020 and will be dropping off at FedEx today. We'll see how long this takes.

request for label sent 11/23/2020
    label rec'd by email 11/24/2020
    Dropped at FedEx 11/24/2020

Last edited:

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Had the sick feeling that the EZ9 I bought for the wife would be included. For once, when I checked the serial number this evening, luck was on my side. It's not included in the recall. YeeHaw ! !

Top Bottom