• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    was in my local (columbus) rural king last night picking up some bird feed.

stopped by the outdoors section on the way in ... like i usually do. they had estate 12ga game and target loads on sale for $5.49/box of 25.

they are 2-3/4", 1oz of shot, size 7-1/2 shot.

never shot the stuff before, but for $5.49/box thought i'd give them a try on some odt's (orange disc things as my son calls them) this weekend. if i like them, hopefully they will still have them in stock so i can buy a couple cases.

if not, i will stick with my trusty winchester aa super-handicaps.

anyone ever shoot estate stuff before?

take care.

mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I buy them at Gander Mnt. from time to time when they are on sale. For the money I like them. They go bang every time I pull the trigger.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    The club went through a lot of it while I was there (was the cheapest so we got the most bang for our buck, no pun intended). Never really had any problems unless the FNG loaded them in the guns backwards or started loading the wrong gauge shells in the guns.

Whenever I actually got a chance to shoot a bit, I had no problems with them. Now since there's no Rural King in Florida, I just pick up Winchester AA loads at Wal-Mart.

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    well, we shot 100 rounds of the estate 12ga shells yesterday afternoon.

no problems at all cycling them through my remington 11-87 or my winchester 1300. and my marksmanship did not seem to be adversely effected ... but it couldn't really get much worse now that i think about it. :D

based on that, i think i will pick up a case or two if they still have them. that's pretty cheap shooting ... comparatively speaking of course.

Top Bottom