• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Your expectations of Ruger just aren't realistic IMO. You are buying an overpriced Chrysler, getting excellent value, and expecting Maybach service. I would expect more from the ARs I own but the least expensive one was probably $1000 more than the Ruger you are complaining about. If what you say about the performance of your Ruger is true, then consider it a good value and enjoy!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    My thoughts are that if you buy enough guns (especially "production guns" aka not custom or "premium" builds), you're gonna have to eventually deal with customer service for at least one of them. I don't have nearly the collection that many people have on here, but I've dealt with multiple gun companies and their customer service departments. To be honest, all of them were pleasant. Ruger was likely the best though. Glock gave them a pretty good run for their money though. Ruger was quick to respond and always took care of me. I've dealt with Ruger CS on a gun return twice, and it just so happened to be back to back gun purchases (bought Rugers before and after with no problems), and each had to be sent back in. Unfortunately, one had to be replaced with a new one because of a finish issue that was likely cheaper to replace than to strip and refinish it, and I'll just say they took very good care of me with that return. The other gun was returned completely repaired and with a logo'd cleaning cloth or something. I can't remember for sure.

Does it it suck when you have to send something back because of no fault of your own? Yeah, it does. However, we are very lucky in the gun world because many of the gun companies have great customer service and take care of their customers very well. In some instances, even if it is the customer's own fault. Yeah, it'll be a little frustrating for a couple weeks while you're waiting on the gun to come back. If you're not willing to give up the couple weeks, I fully understand, but you'll likely have to deal with the cosmetic defect. As it's not an overall finish issue, and it's just the stamp, it probably wouldn't bother me enough to send it back in, but I certainly wouldn't have any reservations about sending it in if it was something that concerned me.

It seems that Ruger has offered you an option to remedy the situation, likely with some type of free swag included in the return, but it is up to you to decide whether to take them up on it or not. I wouldn't expect anymore from them than what they are currently offering you. I'm sure they would replace the barrel, test fire, and send it back to you all on their dime. It seems you're wanting to not send it in to have the problem fixed, but also receive some sort of compensation for it having an imperfection. I don't see them doing that outside of maybe sending you a hat and some decals or something. It would encourage anyone to find (or make) an imperfection in their future products and try to get compensated for it instead of sending it in for repair.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think your two choices are listed out in front of you. I also don't think it's fair for you to expect them to offer anything more than a free repair. Things happen, and sometimes these things get through.

Best of luck, and I hope you continue to enjoy your new rifle.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    True....and if you paid $1000 for a Rifle with that on it would you like it?

How do you inspect something that is FFL'd? It was $30 no matter what and I already said I did not notice it until putting it together.

I have not decided anything yet, you seem to forget I can still send it in..

Wow, touchy eh? I posted this to get opinions from folks a lot smarter than I. You say I decided to keep it when I went and shot it. You must not have read the emails as I told them it was a COSMETIC issue only. Now I only get to have the boy home every so often, he helped me pick it out after shooting the SR556E that I had, so we had it only one day to shoot it by the time it came in. I have NO regrets of doing that. Gezz I came here to get advice and sugguestions. For the most part that is what I am getting and forming my opinion on what is the next step.

Wow, I really got under your skin for some reason. Yes a blemish....a good one at that...look again..

View attachment 49093

So what you are saying is you would like that one a $1000 purchase from a reputable company? The conversation piece part is my line of thinking in the realm of coins....its a error.....Ruger should want it GONE and not out and about.

Truth is one post here got me to thinking, they know this happens and it is an acceptable risk.

Ok, then risk it is...

Ruger would give me a new barrel, I am sure of this. I just don't want the hassle but I want something...I will see what the email reply was and then make a decision as the son is gone now and I can now loose the rifle for 6 weeks. I however will NOT spend one dime of my already spent money.

Mabye some reading the thread are curious as to how Ruger will handle this. It for sure can not be a common error by any means.....rare this one is in my opinion.

Maybe I need to find a Ruger error collector?

Look, all I'mm trying to say is that you put the options in front of yourself. Your asking for peoples opinion and people are saying their piece. It's somewhat repetitive, and its a fair consensus. If you want it fixed send it to them, if your just going to complain about how that mistake happened your not going to be part of the solution. You want Ruger to do better with their QC? Help them out by shipping it back to them so they can replace the barrel and make a production note from it. Im sorry that I missed the post about it being shipped from CDNN, but I was in the process of typing a repose while that posted. I hate seeing people complain about "this is what they said" well atleast you deal with a company that cares about their customers. The fact of it getting under my skin is understandable for the pretense, but it physically does not bother me, I was simply trying to make a clear point. Please feel free to pick apart my statement yet again.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    No worries guys, they did not respond to my last email so I guess I will keep it and the story it entails.

I did not sell my stock either...

Thanks

Top Bottom