• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    If your going to shoot full load 357's I would go with an sp101. Reason being the frame is built up a lot more than it needs to be and the weight is excellent with recoil. I carry it in my pocket and it is like it is not even there so you still get the conceal-ability IMO. I chose the sp101 and love it. Oh also the sp101 is stainless so you don't have to worry about the finish starting to oxidize.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I've had my 101 for several years and used to carry it all the time. It's really solid and the weight soaks up most of the bothersome part of the recoil. I stopped carrying because I wanted more than 5 shots and 1 speed loader in my pocket. I'll never sell mine though.

KB55

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    I OWN a SP101 and SOLD a LCR....Bill..

Same thing here. The DA trigger is really nice on the LCR, and, overall, I found it to be a sweet little shooter. For me, the SP101 is just a bit more versatile. That is, its slightly bulkier frame makes it much more controllable with hot loads, while still being very comfortable to carry IWB all day. The only advantage I found with the LCR was the ability to pocket carry. For me, the SP101 is a bit heavy for that.

Fondle them both, and shoot them if you can. Good luck!

Top Bottom