• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Not a fan of whatever non magnetic metal the new ones are made of. My MK IV is unfired in the box after I figured out the frame was not steel. Just picked up a MKII on here and Love it a great shooter and all blued steel.
    You ought to at least give it a try. I love my all-steel MkII as well, but the MkIV is also a nice shooting gun, alloy-framed or not. Mine did have some issues out of the box, but with the help of some Volquartsen parts I have it running pretty well now.

While I don't really mind the takedown process for the MkII, the MkIV does make it quicker and easier to swap uppers at the range. I've got the threaded one, a 5" Target, and a 4" standard with a pencil barrel. Volquartsen sells takeoffs for next to nothing on their website.

53196737517_a9769e079b_b.jpg

53358465465_6c497dbef1_o.jpg

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Picked one up on GB a couple of years ago that a guy was using in what he called "speed steel" matches.. All the aftermarket whistles and bells and had been shot so much that the comp was spitting something back at me every few shots.. Cleaned the carbon out of the comp and it will still put rounds in the same hole @ 7 yards if I'm doing my part.. Couldn't be happier with it.
    Lol, I’m guessing he meant steel challenge. I bought a Mark III 22/45 several years for that reason but I absolutely hate to field strip it for cleaning. The few times I’ve done it I literally had the owners manual in front of me and still had an awful time trying to line things up for the main spring housing. Great shooting pistol I just hate taking mine apart. Maybe the Mark IV is different as far as assembly goes. For some reason mine will not eat hollow points, anything round nose feeds flawlessly.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Great shooting pistol I just hate taking mine apart. Maybe the Mark IV is different as far as assembly goes.

The MkIV takedown methodology is completely different from the earlier guns. All you have to do is push a button. The older guns really aren't that bad, though, once you understand how the parts work together and the order you have to follow to get everything into place. This is a pretty good video describing the process...the hammer strut is the key, and keeping it out from in front of the cross-pin in the frame. It's easier to do this if you keep the gun upside down like the guy does in the video:

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    The MkIV takedown methodology is completely different from the earlier guns. All you have to do is push a button. The older guns really aren't that bad, though, once you understand how the parts work together and the order you have to follow to get everything into place. This is a pretty good video describing the process...the hammer strut is the key, and keeping it out from in front of the cross-pin in the frame. It's easier to do this if you keep the gun upside down like the guy does in the video:

Awesome, thanks for the link. The few times I reassembled I felt like I was trying to do it standing on my head.

Top Bottom