• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J

JesusFreak

I hope this is the right place for this, but here goes...

I'm a makerspace & graphic design hobbyist and like to make graphics for stickers and such. I'm working on a Ruger sticker for my car and found that they seem to have 2 different styles of logo. Well, the logo is the same but the font is different. I'm curious if anyone knows what the difference is between the two. One is a more classic serif font and the other is a more modern sans/block font. I'm curious if they represent different business segments, time periods, or what. Both share the same phoenix design, so I know it's not some kind of brand confusion.

1708440942553.jpeg 1708440919335.png

J

JesusFreak

Off topic, but I can't say that I would put any stickers on my vehicles that referenced any connection to firearms.
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I tend not to stray far from home where at least half of the vehicles have some sort of firearm related sticker/emblem/etc. It's like the ubiquitous Apple stickers you used to see back in the day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. Nothing screams "there might be a gun in here to steal" like gun stickers on the back. Its an open invitation to get your glass smashed. For nothing if you are smart enough to not leave guns in the car unattended.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I tend not to stray far from home where at least half of the vehicles have some sort of firearm related sticker/emblem/etc. It's like the ubiquitous Apple stickers you used to see back in the day.
    People weren't busting out windows over an Apple sticker.
    Anything second amendment, will attract unwanted attention from the loones.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

“They might hint at what’s in your car”

“Bumper stickers can tell strangers a lot about the driver and their family—as well as their belongings and what might be in their car. According to the Houston Police Department’s auto theft crime taskforce, gun owners are especially likely to have their car broken into if there are NRA, gun brands, or hunting bumper stickers on the outside that might indicate there’s a gun in the car, reports KHOU 11 News. Corporal McGriff adds that stickers of your college alma mater and even what you majored in can also make it easier for thieves to guess what’s in your car. “If your decal informs me that you attend/attended college to become a pharmacist, boxes in your backseat may lead me to believe that they contain prescription drugs,” she says. Here are some other things car thieves won’t tell you.”

Some LEO believe like most of us here do that notifying the public you like guns is creating a target. You do you but be careful the illusion of safety is just that…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Vehicle break-ins are a problem and there’s something you could be doing that makes your car a prime target.”

“Calera Police Chief David Hyche says he’s interviewed plenty of gun thieves in his day and sometimes they choose what car to break into based on the stickers on the outside.”

“It’s what criminals tell me they’re looking for when we’ve arrested them for gun thefts,” said Chief Hyche. “They look for trucks, they look for ‘Insured by Glock’ stickers or whatever, SIG stickers or that kind of thing. That’s what they tell me they’re looking for.”

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    “It’s what criminals tell me they’re looking for when we’ve arrested them for gun thefts,” said Chief Hyche. “They look for trucks, they look for ‘Insured by Glock’ stickers or whatever, SIG stickers or that kind of thing. That’s what they tell me they’re looking for.”
    No mention of Ruger, though? OP, you're in the clear!

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    “Vehicle break-ins are a problem and there’s something you could be doing that makes your car a prime target.”

“Calera Police Chief David Hyche says he’s interviewed plenty of gun thieves in his day and sometimes they choose what car to break into based on the stickers on the outside.”

So if you have a car you'd like stolen for insurance reasons..lol...plaster that hunk of metal with lots of stickers..leaving keys in the auto is an added plus for the theif...

Top Bottom