• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Looks like Ruger now has a Government size 1911 Black Frame stainless slide G10 Grips Aluminum frame. Saw one today looks like Street price is around $560.00 Did Ruger realize yeah their 1911’s are nice but not for $1k.

Again like I need another 1911.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Government size
    Commander size
    Stainless
    Blued
    Two tone
    Cerekote
    Rail
    No rail
    Series 70
    Series 80
    G10 grips
    Wood grips

Seems like every major manufacturer of 1911’s has them all in every different flavors. Probably doesn’t take much for them to shift the production line to change color/grips/accessories.

You get what you pay for. If you do your research and buy smartly, you’ll be good long term.

As for me, I have a SA Commander Ultra compact Stainless, Remington R1 Blued double stack, Colt Delta Elite 10mm stainless, SA Range Officer Elite stainless and SA EMP4 cerekoted 9mm. I think I’m good on 1911’s. I have the flavors I enjoy for not being a “1911 guy”. Although I know it is easy to go down the rabbit hole.

Buy what you like and can afford from a major manufacturer (except kimber :). Forget the naysayers.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Government size
    Commander size
    Stainless
    Blued
    Two tone
    Cerekote
    Rail
    No rail
    Series 70
    Series 80
    G10 grips
    Wood grips

Seems like every major manufacturer of 1911’s has them all in every different flavors. Probably doesn’t take much for them to shift the production line to change color/grips/accessories.

You get what you pay for. If you do your research and buy smartly, you’ll be good long term.

As for me, I have a SA Commander Ultra compact Stainless, Remington R1 Blued double stack, Colt Delta Elite 10mm stainless, SA Range Officer Elite stainless and SA EMP4 cerekoted 9mm. I think I’m good on 1911’s. I have the flavors I enjoy for not being a “1911 guy”. Although I know it is easy to go down the rabbit hole.

Buy what you like and can afford from a major manufacturer (except kimber :). Forget the naysayers.
    Well my 1911 list is small compared to many here I am sure.

SA Professional
    POW’s
    Ruger Lightweight Commander style
    Colt Wiley Clapp
    STI that Allen M has made a few enhancements for me.

Honestly the Ruger while it has had some work done to it, and was money well spent.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well my 1911 list is small compared to many here I am sure.

SA Professional
    POW’s
    Ruger Lightweight Commander style
    Colt Wiley Clapp
    STI that Allen M has made a few enhancements for me.

Honestly the Ruger while it has had some work done to it, and was money well spent.
    Did you mean the MSRP is going to be $560?

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    That works for me. No adjustable sights, no forward serrations, beaver tail w/palm swell, flat mainspring housing, no rail, rounded trigger gaurd, 45ACP, skeletonized hammer, thumb safety on the proper side ONLY. All this... from Ruger... for $560? Seems too good to be true. If it has Series 70 internals, I may just buy one.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Oh, hey, I have one of those. Alloy frame with titanium feed ramp insert. They're running much cheaper than the regular or commander SR1911s. Paid like $560 before shipping and tax.

Great gun. Not the most phenomenal 1911 trigger, but runs fine with good mags and looks sweet. I appreciate the weight savings. Gotta be the cheapest US built 1911. A trigger job is on the wish list but it's a perfectly fine gun as is.

Ask if ya got questions. Yes, series 70 internals.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    That works for me. No adjustable sights, no forward serrations, beaver tail w/palm swell, flat mainspring housing, no rail, rounded trigger gaurd, 45ACP, skeletonized hammer, thumb safety on the proper side ONLY. All this... from Ruger... for $560? Seems too good to be true. If it has Series 70 internals, I my just buy one.
    Yes they have a lightweight firing pin series 70 . I am having a hard time not ordering one.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yes they have a lightweight firing pin series 70 . I am having a hard time not ordering one.
    I think they're worth it unless you have a major aversion to alloy frames. Ruger addressed the problem of feed ramp wear on alloy frames by pressing in a titanium block and machining the feed ramp into that. You have to shoot an alloy SR1911 an absolute butt load to stretch and wear the rails on the frame. It is not noticably top heavy or hard recoiling compared to my steel 1911, it's just lighter to carry.

I know Tisas is good and super cheap right now, but there is value to a US based warranty. Nobody else on the US made market has a single stacker at this price.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Oh, hey, I have one of those. Alloy frame with titanium feed ramp insert. They're running much cheaper than the regular or commander SR1911s. Paid like $560 before shipping and tax.

Great gun. Not the most phenomenal 1911 trigger, but runs fine with good mags and looks sweet. I appreciate the weight savings. Gotta be the cheapest US built 1911. A trigger job is on the wish list but it's a perfectly fine gun as is.

Ask if ya got questions. Yes, series 70 internals.
    Have you changed out the sights? I have trijicon HD’s on my commander, in my opinion it’s one of the best values out there.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Have you changed out the sights? I have trijicon HD’s on my commander, in my opinion it’s one of the best values out there.
    Not yet, but I believe they're Novak type. Plenty of options.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    FWIW, I've had a few Ruger 1911s. Commander and Officer models. I'm a DW guy at this point, but not a single of my former Rugers ever disappointed in function or accuracy. There's actually a Commander I sold to a member on here I wish I had back. I had this one dialed in.

1697595186042.png

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I had a fantastic Colt Commander I bought new around 95.
    30 plus yrs of .45 acp, switched to 9mm higher cap for defense.
    Weird, but I kinda think since I got rid of that Colt, it needs replaced with another Colt (the new Delta Elite). But my deer hunting spot not good enough to mess with handgunning.

Top Bottom