• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Thanks for the info guys I think I will pick one up. Anybody got any good suggestions for a scout scope in the $250 range?

I know this may sound a little weird, but I'd consider putting a red dot on it as well. With all the expensive scout scopes out there you're not going to get much if any magnification for your money, but with a red dot as least you'd have faster sights on target. Just something to consider. Personally, I'd probably still go for a scope, but a guy should consider what a red dot brings to the table as well.

apache67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Tipton
    I picked one up at the Indy east side Dick's a few week back. I filled out a charge card app. and got 10% off.

Just had it to the range one time, but it shot pretty good (open sights and old eyes) with 240 gr. jfp, as well as some 265 gr. cast loads that I had.

Rossi Rifleman ? Index page

This site has a lot of info.

FWIW - This is a great site. Everyone on it is amazingly helpful and passionate about the Rossi 92

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Wow, am I thankful I saw this thread. My son and I jumped on this deal. With discount and sale price, out the door it was $367 and change. I was wavering at this model at the 500 range. For that price it's a no brainer.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    I know this may sound a little weird, but I'd consider putting a red dot on it as well. With all the expensive scout scopes out there you're not going to get much if any magnification for your money, but with a red dot as least you'd have faster sights on target. Just something to consider. Personally, I'd probably still go for a scope, but a guy should consider what a red dot brings to the table as well.

I actually have a couple red dots I am going to try on it and see how my eyes do, I can't see squat far away. If they don't work out I will probably try the Burris 2-7 scout scope.

That is if there is still a M92 in stock when I get to Dick's tomorrow.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    So got up to Dick's this morning. They still had some in stock. tag on rifle said 399.99 but when I got up to the register it rang up $379.99 and there was 10% off on top of that, so I got out the door with tax for $365. Man was I smiling. :D

Ok so now I have a red dot question. I was going thru my red dots last night. The nicest one I have sitting in my drawer doing nothing is a Bushnell TRS-25. I noticed when I held it far from me, like it would be mounted like a scout scope, I had a really small fied of view. So my question is would a red dot be the best or would a reflex like the burris fast fire or vortex razor mounted as close to my eye as possible give me a better field of view?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So got up to Dick's this morning. They still had some in stock. tag on rifle said 399.99 but when I got up to the register it rang up $379.99 and there was 10% off on top of that, so I got out the door with tax for $365. Man was I smiling. :D

Ok so now I have a red dot question. I was going thru my red dots last night. The nicest one I have sitting in my drawer doing nothing is a Bushnell TRS-25. I noticed when I held it far from me, like it would be mounted like a scout scope, I had a really small fied of view. So my question is would a red dot be the best or would a reflex like the burris fast fire or vortex razor mounted as close to my eye as possible give me a better field of view?

You guys getting these rifles for under $400 should feel like convicts because you just robbed them. I'm going to see if the Dick's near me has the same deal going, because if they do, I'm going to do what you guys did.

I've gut a TRS-25 on an AR that I've used in training and knocked it around a little bit. It's held up and is a great red dot, but I can see what you're saying about being that far forward and not being to get enough of a view around it to see what the red dot is on. You're probably going to be best off with the burris and you'd get the versatility of a variable powered scope. Do they make that scope with the BDC reticle? If they did, I'd jump on it.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have an older one in .357 mag and I like it a lot. m It operated kind of rough until a little break in time was put into it. I also slicked it up a little by polishing the action parts. Do some research on 5the web. A lot of people like them especially cowboy action shooters.

Top Bottom