• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Haven’t seen this come up yet but seen a lot of adds and on their website stating that Rossi is making a 3” and 6” 357 Revolver again. So are we expecting a rebadged Taurus. Some differences are Rossi still has the old firing pin on the hammer and is polished stainless. Prices seem to be around $460 for the 3” and I think $620 for the 6” so actually priced more then a Taurus. Can’t complain much my old 80’s M68 is not bad looking or shooting for $140 I paid 20 years ago. The adds are funny you can tell they are trying to mimic “Yellowstone” vibe with Livestock agents and such.

So ya guys think will it be a hit or a miss?

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    One of the pics for the 3" shows Taurus made in Brazil on it. So assuming rebranded? I wonder what the street price will end up being especially down the road. MSRP was showing $460.99. Link to pic from Rossi website if interested. 3rd pic shows Taurus:

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Thanks I forgot to put the link. I’d be interested in the 3” for sure. Like the polished stainless look over the brushed of the Taurus. I’m figuring the prices have got to be close to Taurus guns with that MSRP

Emo66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2021
    Valparaiso
    Have both a Taurus and a Rossi. Had them both 20+ years. Ran lots of rounds down both pipes. For me personally, wouldn’t matter how they label it. I have had good luck with both.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If it's a rebranded Taurus, I wouldn't buy it. I'm 0 for 2 for Taurus revolver reliability. But that's just me. YMMV.
    That's bad luck. I have a model 44 6.5" barrel for around 3 decades and around thousands of full power 44mag rounds through it.
    Not one failure.
    I did have my gunsmith do work on the trigger.
    The double action pull was horrible. It's now very smooth, and you can pull it back without pulling off target now.
    Single action trigger has been between 3.5-4lb pull. Which is perfect imo for hunting.
    I had a model 617 7 shot 357 magnum snubnose many years ago that I traded on a car my buddy had and some cash.
    The only problem it had was a few screws came loose, but loctite fixed that. I only put around 500rds through it, and it was good too.

IN New Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2017
    Terre Haute
    That's bad luck. I have a model 44 6.5" barrel for around 3 decades and around thousands of full power 44mag rounds through it.
    Not one failure.
    I did have my gunsmith do work on the trigger.
    The double action pull was horrible. It's now very smooth, and you can pull it back without pulling off target now.
    Single action trigger has been between 3.5-4lb pull. Which is perfect imo for hunting.
    I had a model 617 7 shot 357 magnum snubnose many years ago that I traded on a car my buddy had and some cash.
    The only problem it had was a few screws came loose, but loctite fixed that. I only put around 500rds through it, and it was good too.
    I'm glad your experience with Taurus is a lot better than mine. Best to you in the future...

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I purchased 2 rossi revolvers in the 1980’s.
    Both have thousands of rounds fired without issues. One (a model 60 copy) I sold. The model 66 copy is my everyday carry when I am not looking for trouble to be near me. I have the smith version of both also.

Both were stamped INTERARMS so imports. I have been. Told many times that smith sold off the lines to Rossi when they made a dash change and Rosssi purchased the line lock stock and barrel so to speak.

As to the new one who knows.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Looked at the link, I’d like to pic up one (of the 3 inch). If they become available near me I will. Nice looking revolver. Proper caliber, good bbl. length.

My Taurus target 22 has had thousands of rounds through it, don’t even remember when I got it, 20+ years ago. Never a problem. I shoot it 2 or 3 times a week.

Drew1966

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2023
    Carmel, IN
    I have Taurus, Rossi and Dan Wesson Revolvers and while the Rossi single action is the most plain Jane gun by far, it is very accurate and I have had no issues with it. As I get older I have found my preference has moved toward revolvers, so I will need to check out Rossi's new offerings.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I have Taurus, Rossi and Dan Wesson Revolvers and while the Rossi single action is the most plain Jane gun by far, it is very accurate and I have had no issues with it. As I get older I have found my preference has moved toward revolvers, so I will need to check out Rossi's new offerings.
    Welcome to INGO. Please feel free to checkout the Home Page for some useful information.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    To each their own. I have never in over 50 years have had a Taurus Student get through my course without borrowing one my smiths. Sorry, just my experience. I have learned to spell Taurus with the 8th 9th, 19 and 20th letters of the alphabet. However, one can tweak one to keep it running but it is counterproductive for serious work. Would rather have a Charter Arms than a Taurus. I remember when for a short time when JM endorsed their products. It didnt last long.

Top Bottom