• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I have a more recent 44mag R92 that has the “CBC” roll mark on the barrel. Mine has the same issue as Ark’s in that the bore diameter is oversized and cast bullets tumble when shot. I fixed that issue by switching to jacketed bullets and it shoots great now. Mine also has a slight cant between the barrel and mag tube, but that doesn’t seem to affect accuracy.

I’d still buy a Rossi even with the mentioned issues, as they are more cost effective vs. Marlin/Henry. I use mine in the woods, which means it will have scratches, dings, and dents. I’d hate to do that to something that is +$1000.
    Mine tightened up with factory jacketed ammo too. Sold it before buying jacketed .44 bullets. I wanna say I was using plated or cast, tough to remember.

Bought a Henry 45LC and it was a major trade up, except no vertical eject.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got nothing against a marlin or a henry. I've had several marlins in the past, but I'm not about to pay what they're asking for those now. Henry's have always been far and away better fit and finish, and a smoother action. My next lever gun will be a henry all weather picatinny 4570

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have 2 in .44 WCF. A short rifle 20" bought early 2000, and one 24" bought in 2016. With good young eyes, open sights, have done 2" at 100 yards. I can't any more though. Have not looked at the new ones. Mine were both octagon barrels, F&F is what is considered for a gun costing less than half the price of the offered levers at the time.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have a 44 mag,24" barreled one says made by taurus, still a rossi braztech. very accurate, recoil with winter clothing isn't bad, but warm weather i put a slip on hi viz pad on as stated before that curved-steel butt can make you sore really quick. I have been happy with mine so far have had it a few years now, bought it like new in the box for i think 350 bucks.!!!!! fit and finish is pretty good also

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I have a Rossi 92 in .44-40 (44 WCF). I've shot it the past 10 years in Cowboy Action matches, loaded with Goex black powder and 200gn lead bullets. It shoots like a champ. I did get mine slicked up to eliminate the roughness. Many Youtube videos on how to do this.

Good shootin'

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    I have a Rossi M92 in 44 mag and a Marlin 1894 also in 44 mag. I got the Rossi from the first owner who have smoothed the action by lubing the pins and metal contact surfaces then operating the lever by hand at least 1000 times. It is now smooth like butter. The bluing is good and I like it better than the finish on my Marlin. I got the Marlin new and the action was rougher than the already worked on Rossi.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    That reminds me, back when I had to decide between 92 clone vs marlin there was a batch of marlin 44 mags out there creating an infamous thing called the "marlin jam". Seemed to be specific to their 44's and not the 357 mag models but that was another thing that steer me towards the 92 clone. I think that's been worked out for years now, but that was before the Rem/marlins and now the Rug/marlins.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I went to the CROWN POINT GUN SHOW today and a private seller/vendor was selling a ROSSI 94 44magnum for 1000.00. I thought that was very high ? Another vendor had a rossi for 750.00 , that was what it should be I think. Wouldnt take a AR15 in trade though , so I had to walk away from it.But at least I know what ROSSI 94s are going for.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I went to the CROWN POINT GUN SHOW today and a private seller/vendor was selling a ROSSI 94 44magnum for 1000.00. I thought that was very high ? Another vendor had a rossi for 750.00 , that was what it should be I think. Wouldnt take a AR15 in trade though , so I had to walk away from it.But at least I know what ROSSI 94s are going for.
    No, you know what they are asking.

Top Bottom