• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    I voted for Ron Paul in the last election and I'd do it again today if I could. I just pray his son gets elected in KY. He is our future hope.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    While at Knob Creek, this weekend, I saw a t-shirt that contained the would-be slogan "Guess we Can't" adjacent to a monochrome line-drawing of Obama, except the President's eyes were replaced by step-n'-fetch-it eyes from early movies.

Any way you slice it, that's racism.

What in the hell are "step-n'-fetch-it (sic) eyes." Actor Stepin Fetchit (Lincoln Perry) was criticized for his racial portrayal, but I don't recall anything in particular about his eyes.

s-fetchit.jpg

2695957470_cf12eb60ea.jpg

Fetchit.gif

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Does racism exist? Yes.
    Do some people oppose Obama out of racism? Almost certainly there are some.
    Is racism a significant reason Obama is opposed? No.

Here's a guy who won when the last two white men the party put up lost. He defeated the presumptive nominee in the primaries and then won in a larger victory than all but one of the last four presidential elections.

If the goal is stamp out all racism in every heart, the goal will never be accomplished. If the goal is that racism no longer have a practical effect - look around - you're here.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    So racism is whatever you want it to be?

Like I said, ask a black friend. This is easy.

You can see the shirt at Sgt. Smith's Army/Navy store in Rushville. Take your black friends with you and ask their opinion of the shirt.

This is really simple: when you replace a person's natural visage with another person's features in order to emphasize one's race, you're engaging in racism.

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Like I said, ask a black friend. This is easy.

You can see the shirt at the booth of Sgt. Smith's Army/Navy store in Rushville. Take your black friends with you and ask their opinion of the shirt.

This is really simple: when you replace a person's natural visage with another person's features in order to emphasize one's race, you're engaging in racism.

It's so blatant, but you can't describe it, except to suggest "take a black friend?" So, it's completely subjective?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would have to to see the shirt myself - that doesn't mean that what is or isn't racism to me would be or wouldn't be to any given black individual. There's a lot of oversensitivity out there as much as insensitivity.

If the drawing of a person's caricature accentuates certain features that are associated with that person's ethnicity, it's bound to be called stereotype at best - hatemongering and racist further down the scale.

is this it?
    obama_guess_we_cant_t_shirt-p235229458862184943fm7zb_325.jpg

If it is this type, I don't see the racism (looks like a character from beavis and buthead cartoon).

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    It's 51 miles from Carmel to Rushville. It's 12 miles from Carmel to the offices of the Indianapolis Recorder. You could see for yourself and pick up a second opinion, along the way.

Since you see it everywhere you go, you could simply take a picture and no one would have to take a 102 mile round-trip on the basis of an anonymous Internet allegation against all those who fail to see the charms of Obama.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Please explain why taking a black friend will determine is something is racist? Is your premise that all black folks are able to accurately determine what is objectively racist?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    While at Knob Creek, this weekend, I saw a t-shirt that contained the would-be slogan "Guess we Can't" adjacent to a monochrome line-drawing of Obama, except the President's eyes were replaced by step-n'-fetch-it eyes from early movies.

Any way you slice it, that's racism.

Whoever made up the alleged shirt, I fail to see how it has anything to do with Ron Paul.

I suggest this topic be taken to a thread titled "Why opposition to Obama is racist." Then we will all invite our friends whom happen to be black, to tell us how to feel about it.

:hijack:

We are still waiting to see something about an interview that was supposedly on live TV.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Actually...it should be friends that are black...not "black friends"...I had a
    pastor of 9 years....he was black...I never referred to him as my black pastor.
    If you don't understand this PM me an ask.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    I stood in the cold rain and snow for Ron and would do it again. One of the only true conservatives left.

RP_signs_08.jpg

event_2716674.jpg

I didn't see any other candidates supported like this...

event_2716677.jpg

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Since you see it everywhere you go, you could simply take a picture and no one would have to take a 102 mile round-trip on the basis of an anonymous Internet allegation against all those who fail to see the charms of Obama.

I see you're back to just making stuff up.

As to your second dodge, the ostrich method doesn't dismiss the bill.

Top Bottom