• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I guess you get tired being surrounded by people who don't care if things get fixed or not. :dunno: He's only been at it since what...1977? Too bad. I liked the guy even though the MSN and school told me not to.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I would call Dupe... but that speech might be the most important speech of this century!!! Its a shame that no one is going to pay attention to it....

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I guess you get tired being surrounded by people who don't care if things get fixed or not. :dunno: He's only been at it since what...1977? Too bad. I liked the guy even though the MSN and school told me not to.

School told you not to like Ron Paul?
    I wish I knew about Ron Paul when I was in school.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    My 11 year old daughter came home during the election with an assignment to chose either Romney or Obama and then write a 1 page paper why you would vote for them.

I had a long talk with my daughter... then personally wrote a 3 page paper on who Ron Paul was and why he would be getting my vote and sent my daughter back to school.

I would have bet a thousand dollars that her teacher never heard of Ron Paul, Gary Johnson or even the Libertarian Party....

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I guess you get tired being surrounded by people who don't care if things get fixed or not. :dunno: He's only been at it since what...1977? Too bad. I liked the guy even though INGO, the MSN, and school told me not to.

FIFY...you've got remember that he was a nutcase because he didn't support running the United States into the ground supporting other countries financially.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Honestly Im not a libertarian, but the more I read about them they seem to be the only party that makes any sense anymore.

Maybe if things keep going the way they are the libertarians will take the place of Republicans in the future.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Honestly Im not a libertarian, but the more I read about them they seem to be the only party that makes any sense anymore.

Maybe if things keep going the way they are the libertarians will take the place of Republicans in the future.

The only question I have is whether or not the GOP/RINO party is going to have to have a complete meltdown first, or will simply be passed up by those who understand liberty and constitutional government.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

That's the way it starts.

Young as I am, I always identified myself as a "conservative." I thought that being conservative meant voting Republican; I thought the Republican party was the one that would represent my values. But the more I read about things from the Libertarian point of view, I realized they were the ones who were consistently representing my values whereas the Republican party seemed to pick and choose when it would apply them. I decided early on that I will be one who is dedicated to voting based on my values, so that basically meant voting Libertarian.

Now, I'm just trying to teach as many people as I can that nothing will change as long as everybody says it won't change! We've got to help people realize that as long as they themselves refuse to vote for a better platform, they perpetuate the problem; they create a self-fulfilling prophesy. But with guidance from folks like you and me, we can help them see that the solution is for them to take a stand, vote for their values, and teach others to do the same. THAT is how we will eventually effect the change the nation desperately needs in order to survive.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's the way it starts.

Young as I am, I always identified myself as a "conservative." I thought that being conservative meant voting Republican; I thought the Republican party was the one that would represent my values. But the more I read about things from the Libertarian point of view, I realized they were the ones who were consistently representing my values whereas the Republican party seemed to pick and choose when it would apply them. I decided early on that I will be one who is dedicated to voting based on my values, so that basically meant voting Libertarian.

Now, I'm just trying to teach as many people as I can that nothing will change as long as everybody says it won't change! We've got to help people realize that as long as they themselves refuse to vote for a better platform, they perpetuate the problem; they create a self-fulfilling prophesy. But with guidance from folks like you and me, we can help them see that the solution is for them to take a stand, vote for their values, and teach others to do the same. THAT is how we will eventually effect the change the nation desperately needs in order to survive.

Great post! The pivotal question is do you define the politics you support or do the politics define you. When any of us reach the point that we definitively answer that we define the politics, we have become entrenched in the realm of critical-thinking practitioners of self-determination rather than sheep who feel the need to go with whatever the 'team' decides.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My 11 year old daughter came home during the election with an assignment to chose either Romney or Obama and then write a 1 page paper why you would vote for them.

I had a long talk with my daughter... then personally wrote a 3 page paper on who Ron Paul was and why he would be getting my vote and sent my daughter back to school.

I would have bet a thousand dollars that her teacher never heard of Ron Paul, Gary Johnson or even the Libertarian Party....

You wrote your daughter's assignment?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012

Won't happen because the Libertarian party will never attract true conservatives.

I consider myself a Libertarian, although some may disagree that all my views are "libertarian", but the Libertarian party is a joke, a caricature of true Libertarianism.

They demand "freedom" NOW, whatever form it happens to be, without FIRST demanding personal responsibility, which is the only way freedom will work.

Consequently, the Libertarian party is primarily a bunch of young people who want to smoke pot, led by a few intellectuals like Ron Paul, who want to abolish the Federal Reserve.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Won't happen because the Libertarian party will never attract true conservatives.

I consider myself a Libertarian, although some may disagree that all my views are "libertarian", but the Libertarian party is a joke, a caricature of true Libertarianism.

Have we true conservatives had any real success with the Republican party over the last several decades? Even if we can claim that the Republican party has slowed our descent, it has been too complacent, even an accomplice at times, when it should have been resolutely against it. The lesser of two evils is still too evil to be left in charge.

They demand "freedom" NOW, whatever form it happens to be, without FIRST demanding personal responsibility, which is the only way freedom will work.

That's a great idea, actually. What are some ways we can make our message include a strong thread of personal responsibility in order to set us up for a later push for personal freedom?

Consequently, the Libertarian party is primarily a bunch of young people who want to smoke pot, led by a few intellectuals like Ron Paul, who want to abolish the Federal Reserve.

This doesn't make sense to me. My experience at Libertarian party events has always been that I am one of the youngest ones there. Everybody else was at least "family man" age and of respectable, upstanding appearance and demeanor. And most of the other young people I know aren't aware of the Libertarian Party and its goals.

Maybe I just don't hang out with enough young people who like to do drugs. ;)

Top Bottom