• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I don't think I ever heard anybody say RP didn't have any good ideas. Electable? No! Good ideas? Yeah!

Yeah, he really should have been at least 6'2, wore expensive suits, had a $500 haircut, and had a team of speech writers that fed him lines until he had them memorized like lines from a movie.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Glad to see this. You could see during the debates that Congressman Paul's thoughts on the Fed were being taken up by some of the other candidates. Paul was successful in what I believe was his goal and that was to use the free marketplace of ideas to push his party in this direction.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think I ever heard anybody say RP didn't have any good ideas. Electable? No! Good ideas? Yeah!
    It's because I don't believe anyone ever said unequivocally that RP did not have some sort of an impact. That would be foolish.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He also got Rand Paul a prime time speech. I doubt he would have gotten that without his Dad. Of course the networks have said they won't show it the last I heard.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    According to the Financial Times, not only is the Republican Party planning to include a Fed audit as a plank, but also a gold commission to examine the relinking of the dollar to specie.

Republicans eye return to gold standard - FT.com

I wonder where they got that idea?

I love the idea of the gold standard.

I am totally against the idea of Government having a lock on the gold market.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    There are two (ok more but I am generalizing). Those who want to work for change from the inside. Ron Paul is in that group. Those who want to work from the outside. These include a sizeable number of Ron Paul followers.

Which method is better has yet to be seen. About the only thing I can compare it to is the reformation and the resultant effect on Protestant Christianity.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    It's because I don't believe anyone ever said unequivocally that RP did not have some sort of an impact. That would be foolish.

Couldn't be sure about here, but there have been many who have referred to him as a gadfly, a kook, Quixotic, anachronistic, unrealistic, "out there", crazy, isolationist, etc. (yes, these are off the top of my head and the list is longer) while never acknowledging one of his ideas as anything other than kookery.

While that's not the same as saying he wouldn't have an impact, that would be their hope. My hope is that the folks in that camp are aware that he has made, and continues to make an impact.

I strongly recommend "End the Fed" to anyone who doesn't understand why he rails against it and why we should all strongly consider doing the same.

51ebKX-UEvL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA160_.jpg

Liberty Defined is quite cool too...I got it on CD (no, you don't have to listen to Ron's voice for 8 discs, they hired a professional).

51Cepe3j31L._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    In Paul they trust as he leaves political stage - Washington Times

When Mr. Romney announced Monday that he supports auditing the Federal Reserve, it underscored the odd but powerful influence of the maverick congressman from Texas, whose years-long push for a Fed audit will now appear in the party platform.
    From overseas adventurism to deficit spending to a distrust of government institutions, the gospel of Paul has revived long-simmering debates that were muffled during the eight-year tenure of President George W. Bush — and, at least on some of those issues, Mr. Paul’s side appears to have gained the upper hand.
    Indeed, with Mr. Paul and his ardent supporters set to play a visible role in the Republican National Convention next week in Tampa, Fla., it’s arguable that Mr. Paul, in his 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns, has done more to shape the party’s ideology than either Mr. McCain or Mr. Romney.

I stated before that I agree with Congressman Paul on most of his positions. But the couple of disagreements I had with him were in my estimation deal breakers.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Couldn't be sure about here, but there have been many who have referred to him as a gadfly, a kook, Quixotic, anachronistic, unrealistic, "out there", crazy, isolationist, etc. (yes, these are off the top of my head and the list is longer) while never acknowledging one of his ideas as anything other than kookery.

While that's not the same as saying he wouldn't have an impact, that would be their hope. My hope is that the folks in that camp are aware that he has made, and continues to make an impact.

I strongly recommend "End the Fed" to anyone who doesn't understand why he rails against it and why we should all strongly consider doing the same.

51ebKX-UEvL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA160_.jpg

Liberty Defined is quite cool too...I got it on CD (no, you don't have to listen to Ron's voice for 8 discs, they hired a professional).

51Cepe3j31L._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
    Like I said, it would be foolish not to recognize that there was an impact of some sort.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Its like hitting a stone wall with a tiny rubber mallet. The powers that be will never give up control over the money supply.
    The response to this (if done at all) will find nothing. They will find a way to keep control over the printing press.

"Give me control over a nations money supply and I care not who makes its laws" -Amschel Rothchilds

And yes, even Keynes says so;
    "By this means government may secretly and unobserved, confiscate the wealth of the people, and not one man in a million will detect the theft." - Lord John Maynard Keynes, "Economic Consequences of Peace"

In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value. If there were, the government would have to make its holding illegal, as was done in the case of gold. The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves. This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists’ tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the ‘hidden’ confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.” – Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom

"Congress [not private banks] shall have the power to coin money and regulate the value thereof." - Article 1 of the U.S. Constitution

Great Quotations – On banking, money, freedom and liberty – mattsta - My Telegraph

Top Bottom