• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    In this freshly released video from 2002, Mitt Romney boasts how he was able to use his insider connections to obtain "huge increases" in spending for the Olympic Games. He went so far as to solicit every agency, including the Department of Education, for taxpayer money.

This all contradicts his "conservative" statements that the 2002 Olympics received no more money than previous games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgYLBk_0t6w

EXCLUSIVE: In ’02 Romney Touted D.C. Connections, Federal Funds
    “We actually received over $410 million from the federal government for the Olympic games. That is a huge increase over anything ever done before and we did that by going after every agency of government,” he says.

He even cites money one his colleagues managed to get for the Olympics from the Department of Education.

“She said, ‘Why don’t I get the Department of Education to buy tickets to the Paralympics so that high school and grade school kids can go to the Paralympics?’ She literally got, I believe the number was over $1 million from the Department of Education, funding to buy tickets for kids,” Romney said. “This way we got kids there and we also got additional revenues that we wouldn’t have had. That kind of creativity I want to bring to everything we do.”

The Romney campaign points out that more than

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    But he'll be so much better than Barry O cuz he has an R by his name!!!

LAWLZ

Romneys actions/lies dont surprize me one bit. There are more than enough vid clips of him saying things that i dont support, and therefor will not give him my vote.

Top Bottom