• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I had been thinking about it for a long time, and after attending the reloading demo at IndyGunworks place,:hooked: gave in and ordered myself a press :dunno:

Something I hadn't been considering though, was making my own bullets, but after Leadeye's demo, I now have someone to blame, when the melting pot and molds get here.:rockwoot:

If anyone else is interested, in making your own bullets, here is a link to a website that has good prices on the Lee lead melting pots, and molds. Factory Sales 2009

and a yahoo group I found that has "tons" of info in it if you join and look in the files section. CB-BOOK : CAST BULLETS FOR BEGINNER AND EXPERT

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    what press did you buy? what dies.... tell us the set up you got coming.

I got a Lee turret and carbide die's. The press will let me get started for a reasonable price, and I can trade up later if I want. Will be loading mostly .40 & .45, along with just enough .480 to keep the SRH happy. Will let everyone know how I like the set up once I have it all up and running.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Do not use lead from batteries. It will release something similar to phosgene gas.

Just a heads-up.

Josh <><

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Although lead does have a scrap value, you are more then welcome to stop buy and get the lead out tof the bullet traps in in the shop. I have no wish to cast my own bullets right now. I don't have the range set up but once it is I will have a steady supply of it. If you want to help me set up the range then I will have a steady supply sooner.:-)

Top Bottom