• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I remember reading the little 1/2 page pamphlets from the John Birch Society. At the time I thought they were just some crazy old men who were just too simple to understand a new and modern world. I repent from my ignorance as I now watch the country I love rapidly slipping into financial impotence and owing the future to communist governments. Those old men had it figured out.

RMOR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anderson
    I would have thought he gave that speech yesterday, if I hadn't know the date. They were definitely on to something.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Robert Welch explains the purpose of the Warfare State

I like this one even better.
    "The purpose of our being at war in Vietnam, ladies and gentlemen, is simply to be at war."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co73TDl_F7E
    ‎"And the fact that we are at war is to be the excuse and the means for suppressing all opposition to such policies, for brutally tightening the arbitrary enforcement of government regulations, for making all opposition to government policies synonymous with treason, for ruthlessly liquidating all resistance, and for irresistibly fastening the shackles of the Police State around the bodies and over the lives of all the American people." -- Robert Welch

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    On the war machine note I am reading a book about the American Revolution. In it reference is made to how the colonists looked back over the past several centuries of European history, and all they could see was the efforts of government to build up power to extract money from the people to wage wars. The colonists obviously thought that was one of the many flaws of their government. Are we back at square one doing the same thing?

Top Bottom