• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    From this interview with Bob List (recently ousted Nevada Republican Chairman), I got the following points:

1) Ron Paul supporters took over the Nevada republican party by showing up to events and "... won it fair and square. Frankly the Romney people and the supporters of many other candidates just didn't show up at the county conventions and didn't show up at the state convention."

2) The RNC and the Romney Campaign are working together to set up a shadow party in Nevada and the ousted Nevada party regulars have worked to bring their heavy donors to the shadow party.

**The RNC is not planning on providing any material support for Nevada's state level Republican Party and insteadfunnel money from the RNC directly to "Team Nevada".

3) Despite getting beat because they failed to get people to show up to the meetings, Bob List somehow thinks the new shadow party will have a better grassroots effort than the Nevada Ron Paul supporters (who he describes as "...like a swarm of killer bees, so determined and so passionate").

4) He said he'd tip his hat to the new Nevada Chairman if he is able to raise some money and go forward. He said the new pro-Paul Chairman is making as good as effort as he can to bring about some party unity, but that it is a tough job giving the attitude and behavior of the avid Ron Paul people.

The goofy and crazy Ron Paul people are "... more committed to a philosophy, much of which we all share - small government, limited spending. More committed to a philosophy than they are committed to a philosophy than they are to getting Republicans elected. It's time they got behind Romney."

This is hilarious coming from Bob, being that Bob is now actively working to gut the Nevada Republican Party in terms of cash and volunteers.

What philosophy/attitude is Bob clinging to? :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    4) He said he'd tip his hat to the new Nevada Chairman if he is able to raise some money and go forward. He said the new pro-Paul Chairman is making as good as effort as he can to bring about some party unity, but that it is a tough job giving the attitude and behavior of the avid Ron Paul people.

This would be correct.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, I can see a great upsurge for Libertarians come November.

Your optimism is refreshing, but I have no expectation whatsoever that 300 million people will suddenly get a clue.

And it really has nothing to do with the fact that the two major parties exist to get elected and nothing more. They're like the people who go to church every Sunday, sing the songs, pray the prayers, and then go out to eat afterward and leave a 25 cent tip.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No quarter!

And no victory. The whole Paul machine doesn't seem to understand two fundamental truths about American politics. 1) It doesn't change just because they want it to and 2) you don't change people's minds by telling them how wrong they've been.

This is a primo opportunity for libertarianism in general and Paul specifically. Yet I am sadly confident that it will be squandered for the sake of principle.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    This would be correct.

I'm not overly shocked that you don't see the hypocrisy in Bob's statements. He basically said in the same breath that he hopes his replacement can get everyone to come together on things but that he is going to use his contacts to take his friends and any money elsewhere.

The funniest part about Bob List is that he seems to call and whine to national Republican leadership about something every primary. Last go around it was because he wanted them to stay out of Nevada state politics because he wasn't a fan of who was being promoted at the national level for the senate race... Now he needs help from national because he lost his job fair and square.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And no victory. The whole Paul machine doesn't seem to understand two fundamental truths about American politics. 1) It doesn't change just because they want it to and 2) you don't change people's minds by telling them how wrong they've been.

This is a primo opportunity for libertarianism in general and Paul specifically. Yet I am sadly confident that it will be squandered for the sake of principle.

You keep cluttering up these Ron Paul for Emperor threads with too much pragmatism. Get over it sistah...:rockwoot:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm not overly shocked that you don't see the hypocrisy in Bob's statements.
    I'm not overly shocked you can't discern between a simple choice not to state all the obvious conclusions with an inability to recognize them.

He basically said in the same breath that he hopes his replacement can get everyone to come together on things but that he is going to use his contacts to take his friends and any money elsewhere.
    Yeah. So? He's a hypocrite. He's a political party man. But no need to repeat myself. Guess I don't see the benefit in getting all butt hurt and self-righteous about it.

I'm more interested in seeing if Paul et al can capitalize on the extraordinary opportunity now before them. Instead what I'm seeing is a bunch of finger-pointing and whining.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i just hope the folks in both parties are watching. there is an increasing amount of frustration on both sides and its showing in this example and the KY Dem primary example where "unknown" got 42% of the vote against obama.

i hope these things are trends that continue in general

jake

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    I'm not overly shocked you can't discern between a simple choice not to state all the obvious conclusions with an inability to recognize them.

Yeah. So? He's a hypocrite. He's a political party man. But no need to repeat myself. Guess I don't see the benefit in getting all butt hurt and self-righteous about it.

I'm more interested in seeing if Paul et al can capitalize on the extraordinary opportunity now before them. Instead what I'm seeing is a bunch of finger-pointing and whining.

:rolleyes:
    And yet you found it worth repeating your usual stance of pointing fingers at Paul supporters...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

What's your proposed strategy and outcome? Honestly.

Quit your complainin'. To hear you tell it, uniting should be easy since Paul is so appealing to so many on both sides of the aisle? What's the problem?
    We're still in Primary season. There is no aisle. I never suggested that defeating the neocon Establishment and winning the GOP nomination was the easy part. Uniting independents and non-partisans would be where Ron Paul excels, and therefore the reason that Paul holds the best chance to defeat Obama. Otherwise Republicans have to plead for independents to come hold their noses with them in support of Goldman Sachs (R). How inviting.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    :rolleyes:
    And yet you found it worth repeating your usual stance of pointing fingers at Paul supporters...

:laugh: Are you really that clueless? That was a sophomoric attempt at a joke, saying that he was both a hypocrite and a political party man, which is essentially saying the same thing.

Of course, it's extremely revealing that with all the other points I've made you have chosen to respond to the really stupid joke. No comment on the substantive arguments of what Paul's people will do now that they really hold the reins, huh? All the bellyaching and whining for months (years?) about how unfair the system is because it's controlled by party players and what do we hear when the control is finally wrested from those players? Some half-assed attempt to insult me because you don't understand the context of the comment.

No wonder Paul is doing so well.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

The question is, how do you capitalize without being assimilated? How do you leverage the power of energized activists without having the party automatically take you for granted next cycle, as they are so anxious to do and have said as much?

Not saying I disagree with you. Just having a hard time seeing a way around the problem.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What's your proposed strategy and outcome? Honestly.

Why do you keep asking me these stupid questions? I'm not the one running Paul's campaign.

We're still in Primary season. There is no aisle. I never suggested that defeating the neocon Establishment and winning the GOP nomination was the easy part. Uniting independents and non-partisans would be where Ron Paul excels, and therefore the reason that Paul holds the best chance to defeat Obama. Otherwise Republicans have to plead for independents to come hold their noses with them in support of Goldman Sachs (R). How inviting.
    Whatevs.

I guess he's not the Great Uniter after all.

Top Bottom