• ...and so much more!
  • tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Sorry for not posting this sooner.
    Brooks Robinson passed away day before yesterday, at the age of 86.
    Arguably the Greatest Third Baseman in MLB history.
    From all that I've read & heard, he was a Better Gentleman than he was a Ballplayer.
    I grew up admiring his Skill & Humility.
    No Chest-Pounding after a Great Play, No Trash Talking, No reports of Spouse Abuse, etc, etc, etc.
    He just played the game to the best of his ability & lived his life admirably.
    A sportswriter perhaps said it best: "In NY they name candy bars after ballplayers, in Baltimore people name their Children after Brooks Robinson"
    I Don't watch a Lot of Professional Baseball these days, due to the Lack of Class by way Too Many of these Athletes.
    RIP Brooks Calbert Robinson Jr

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Sorry for not posting this sooner. Brooks Robinson passed away day before yesterday, at the age of 86. Arguably the Greatest Third Baseman in MLB history. From all that I've read & heard, he was a Better Gentleman than he was a Ballplayer. I grew up admiring his Skill & Humility. No Chest-Pounding after a Great Play, No Trash Talking, No reports of Spouse Abuse, etc, etc, etc. He just played the game to the best of his ability & lived his life admirably. A sportswriter perhaps said it best: "In NY the name candy bars after ballplayers, in Baltimore people name their Children after Brooks Robinson" I Don't watch a Lot of Professional Baseball these days, due to the Lack of Class by way Too Many of these Athletes. RIP Brooks Calbert Robinson Jr
    Best fielding 3rd baseman I ever saw. His play in the 1970 World Series was an absolute work of art.

Top Bottom