• ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Picked up a couple of Tippmann Arms M4-22 AR's yesterday, a 7" pistol and a rifle. The pistol is awesome and should make for a fun mag dump machine. I am hoping the rifle shoots a little more accurately than the two MP15-22 rifles that I have played around with already (at best 1moa under the right conditions, but average 2-3moa). I had a slight oversight on the rifle and ordered the "Pro" model with the composite handguard. I should have got the "Elite Tactical" model with the aluminum handguard for $40 more. Tippmann sells the handguard separately for $85-$100 depending on the length. Supposedly it will use standard AR-15 handguards, so that might be an option down the road. We'll see if it causes any issues like the MP15-22 factory polymer handguard did to me before.

They both came with flip up sights, but I removed them. The rear sight is kind bulky and the scope wouldn't clear on the rifle along with decreased purchase on the charge handle. The front sight on the short handguard of the pistol obstructed the gripping area.

attachment.php

attachment.php

VERY sharp looking firearms, DOGG ! :yesway:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thanks guys!

I made the mistake of pre-ordering some BCM trigger guards, only to find out the trigger guard on the Tippmanns is cast into the lower receiver as one whole piece. Oh well.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thanks guys!

I made the mistake of pre-ordering some BCM trigger guards, only to find out the trigger guard on the Tippmanns is cast into the lower receiver as one whole piece. Oh well.

The proper plan-of-action is to build an entire BCM rifle around that trigger guard ! :D

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Anyone running a red dot on their 22 rifles? What are you using? How good are they for squirrel sized targets at 100 yards? Is there a decent 4x for rimfires?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Anyone running a red dot on their 22 rifles? What are you using? How good are they for squirrel sized targets at 100 yards? Is there a decent 4x for rimfires?

I wouldn't think that would work very well. Given no flaring of the dot (either from product quality or the shooter's eyes) even a 1MOA dot will cover an inch at 100 yards. That would about hide a squirrels head.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I tried that once with a 2 min. dot. I spent more time adjusting brightness to get a sharp dot for precise shots. Then had to readjust because he moved wile I was making adjustments.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The Tippmanns are awesome! Ran 170 rounds through the pistol and 155 rounds through the rifle. Out of 26 groups at 50 yards, the rifle was able to produce 3 groups that were sub-moa using CCI SV (0.456", 0.462", 0.471"). It's average group size with CCI SV of 0.743" is damn near on par with the Ruger Precision Rimfire that I previously owned with a Green Mountain barrel (0.702") and far exceeds the average group size of 1.173" that my M&P15-22 shoots. The pistol was no slouch with a red dot at 25 yards. Really happy with my purchase so far. They are built really well and are well worth the extra money over the S&W M&P15-22 that I previously spent so much time with.

Some quick notes/observations:
    - The upper and lower are cast aluminum.
    - The mags fit in my Blade Tech AR-15 mag holders perfectly (can you say budget training?). And the mags are an awesome design, light years better than the M&P15-22 mags.
    - An AR-15 pistol grip will fit the Tippmann, but not the other way around. Tippmann has the hole in the grip for the safety spring drilled at an angle for some reason, yet the hole in the lower receiver for the plunger is not angled.
    - It uses a standard mil-spec carbine buffer tube. The buffer and spring system is proprietary and not a standard AR-15 design though.
    - The trigger is mil-spec and not too shabby, but I also don't mind run of the mill AR triggers either.
    - The flash hider is of the A-1 design, but uses an integrated crush washer and Tippmann uses Loctite from the factory on the threads.
    - The pistol brace is on par with the SB Tactical SBA3 brace, maybe even a little better.

Anywho, here's some accuracy testing pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I got out and tested 5 different rounds today in my Ruger 10/22.

My stock 27 year old 10/22

25 yards

50 yards

My rifle loved the Eley force.
    Agulia Super Extra wasn't bad for cheap ammunition.

The little sun looking symbols was point of aim so you can see the drop of each round. On the 50 yard target only.

I forgot to write down the Fiocchi High Velocity group size. It was 1.521" at 50 yards.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    DadSmith, looks awful good to me! :thumbsup:
    Love seeing other's range pics!

I love testing different rounds. I was very surprised by the Agulia Super Extra. For $2.99 a box it did very well. Eley force was the winner though. Going to grab a few bricks and add the to my stock pile. I'll test velocity next time for each and post it. I forgot my chrony.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Looks like it must be consistent with several rifles. I can deal with 1" groups at 50 yards with a 22. Maybe I should grab 4 bricks of the super extra :D
    I've had fairly good results with it and I think it does better than most bulk ammo. My go to .22LR ammo is CCI SV, but I still have a good amount of Aguila SV that I use on occasion.

Top Bottom