• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Struck out last week, zero chucks seen. No active dens (thanks coyotes).
    Heading back out in a bit, diff spot.

Ab3JNao.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was finally able to get to the range to sight in our new American Rimfire. Almost zeroed on the first shot @ 25 yards. Moved out to 50 to set it. 6 shots total and it's dead on @50.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I love rimfires. My favorite is my 10" MKII. I bought it new about 1998. It has thousands of rounds through it. It's way more accurate than me.

I have one of those. I’ve never shot it. I’ve shot my MKII competition and MKII Government and both are quite accurate. If I shoot 22 pistol though it’s usually one of my Smith 41s. For rifles it’s most likely a CZ.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Were you ever sorry you sold a .22LR that was just for temporary fun? :scratch:
    I have gone through dozens in the past 3 yrs. & there is a few I should have held onto.

I have always regretted selling this one: GSG 1911-22 with $550 of upgrades done at ZR Tactical.
    I bought it 1.5-2 yrs. ago from ZRT after having a most of the other clones.
    I sold it to a member 13 months ago & I bought it back from him today. :ingo:

I went straight to the range with it and put 250 rounds through it testing out 5 brands of ammo. :ar15:
    I didn’t even clean it, just oiled it a bit at the range without taking it apart.
    I tested:
    1. CCI Mini mags,
    2. CCI SV
    3. Armscor,
    4. Aguila Super-Extra Eley Prime,
    5. Blazer
    I was going to use Remington Golden Bullets which were problematic the 1st time I owned it, but when I opened up the Bucket it was filled with misc. 9mm ammo I was storing. :dunno:

Failures (or lack thereof):
    0/50 CCI Mini mags
    0/50 CCI SV
    1/50 Blazer
    1/50 Armscor: FTF (feed=bullet stuck on top of chamber-I pushed it down and in)
    2/50 Aquila Super Extra Eley Prime: FTE = both rounds went sideways & next round not load (most accurate)
    4/250 Total failures.

It is shooting low & left so I need to learn how to adjust the rear sights, since I see 2 holes on top of the rear sights (updated sights).
    I want to get another magazine for it as well.
    KlHcJU0.jpg
    FrgsWUi.jpg
    cQELWbE.jpg
    PF9TqYs.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked up a Uberti .22LR: gorgeous!
    It is the most accurate .22LR with fixed sights that I've shot, and I can't hardly see the front sight.
    I'll be painting it with my flourescent gun sight paints like I do on all my fixed sights, starting with white, and then red if needed.
    I've had many .22LR revolvers, and a few SA including a Ruger Single Six & a Ruger Bearcat.
    I like this one better.
    The Uberti Cattleman is a larger frame and that's the one I want to get eventually, especially if I can get it in a 10 round with target sights.

Here is a range pic with 5 different brands of ammo.
    I'll do better when I get the front sight painted so I can see it.
    tQc0tVr.jpg

zKSvpVo.png
    ZT715Xb.png
    l6liiUb.png

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I drove down to Aurora, IN today (1:30 away) to buy a Uberti Cattleman.
    I thought it was a 10 round cylinder, but alas, it was only a 6 rounder.
    The Cattleman does have a heavier frame which you can easily feel the weight and my hand likes that.

The main reason reason I was going though was that I thought the grip was larger like the frame: wrong. :dunno:
    It was the same size or maybe 1/8" longer grip, but not discernable from the Stallion grip.

I now remember seeing a video comparing the Uberti Cattleman's grip not with the Stallion, but with the Ruger Single-Six, which does have a smaller grip.
    And, the guy in the vid was able to get his pinky on the Cattleman, but my pinky was not staying on the grip.
    I tried pinky on & pinky under the grip on the Stallion when I ran rounds through yesterday at the range: went with pinky under the grip.

If I was going to buy another Uberti .22LR, it won't be for the grip, but I would like to have the 10 or 12 round cylinder, and they do have one with a target sights also.
    I'll probably just keep the Stallion since it was sooo accurate.

I've got 3 coats of white flourescent gun sight paint on the front sight so I'll see it now: might put red over it, we'll see.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Oh, I'm glad you bought that Uberti because I've been drooling over it since it was 1st posted.

I have a beat to hell 1970 era Uberti Cattleman in 22 WMR that is a mess, shoots like crap but it's soo damn cool! And those hammer cock clicks, love 'em! Someday I'll fix it up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Oh, I'm glad you bought that Uberti because I've been drooling over it since it was 1st posted.
    I have a beat to hell 1970 era Uberti Cattleman in 22 WMR that is a mess, shoots like crap but it's soo damn cool! And those hammer cock clicks, love 'em! Someday I'll fix it up.
    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It has made me a fan of Uberti, and is the first single-action gun I have enjoyed, having had 3 others, 2 that were Rugers.
    I didn't care for the slow process of ejecting shells 1 at a time & the grips were too small for me, and none shot to POA.
    I took a chance on the Uberti with fixed sights, since they NEVER work for me, but they do on this Stallion.

I wish it was the larger-framed heavier Cattleman & not the smaller-framed Stallion since heavier is better to me.
    But due to its accuracy, I can live with it.
    I can't wait to go back to the range and see if I'm more accurate after painting the front sight white.
    If not, I'll try red.
    I just couldn't see the front sight between the rear fixed "posts."

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I read reviews today doing some research on the Uberti .22LR line.

"Drop dead gorgeous firearm."
    "Great fit & finish- flawless."
    "Straight shooter & super smooth action."
    "I have 5 other single action 22's from Heritage, Ruger wranglers & single action 6's and this one is the cream of the crop."
    "Authentic single-action function & feel."
    "The Stallion is accurate and the trigger is light and crisp."
    "The wooden grips, brass backstrap and trigger guard, color case hardening and blued barrel give this gun a lot of character."
    "My FFL, a gunsmith, listened as I rotated the cylinder, and without looking at it, said, 'that's a high quality gun'."
    "The fit and finish is excellent and it shoots as good as it looks."
    "Mine shoots point of aim."

Last edited:

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I bit the bullet the other day and placed the final order for everything to complete my 10/22 "backpack/.22 PDW" build. Pics to follow.

-Brownells BRN-22 receiver
    -Whistlepig 6" barrel
    -Enoch Odin chassis
    -Gearhead Works Tailhook Mod1C
    -A3 Tactical 9" brace arm
    -Ruger BX trigger
    -Ruger factory bolt
    -VQ extractor
    -VQ bolt release
    -Pike Arms charging handle
    -Pike Arms magazine release
    -Pike Arms receiver hardware
    -Strike Industries handstop
    -Ergo Swift grip
    -A2 flash hider (undecided if I'll run it)

Have a Romeo5 that will serve on this for now. Am intrigued by the High Tower Armory pic adaptors for Glock sights.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom