• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DungeonCrawl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My left eye is dominant. I shoot rifles, archery and billiards left handed. I write, play baseball, and generally am right handed. When I shoot hand guns I am more comfortable holding with the right as my primary grip. I have noticed that I typically float left of center mass while shooting hand guns. Any suggestions?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My left eye has had catarac surgery. My right eye has not as of now. I find that I have become more left eye dominant I guess because of the better vision. Fortunately I am a better shooter with my left hand even though I was right eye dominant.

I will likely have to have the catarac forming in my right eye fixed early in 2014.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Shooting cross-dominant is impossible with a long gun but you can adapt very well with a little training when using a handgun. Those who do so, like myself, just have to be much more cognizant of their rear sight than most shooters.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If you're putting bullets where you want them, it isn't wrong.

I'm righty with left eye dominance. I chose to learn to shoot everything left handed. Right handed shooting feels weird to me now.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Right eye left eye

I understand the problem since I have it. I shoot and do everything right handed. When shooting shotguns I have put a piece of scotch tape on my left lense which effectively "fuzzes" out my left eye and makes my right eye take over.

When shooting a pistol i simply close my left eye. I know I lose depth perception - but what other disadantage am I incurring.

Top Bottom