• ...and so much more!
  • andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Hello,

Anyone have this problem? Bought the pistol last weekend and put 100 rounds through it. Average of once per magazine load the slide would lock open even though the magazine was still not empty. All I had to do was press the slide release and keep on firing. I ordered a chip mccormick magazine and am hoping maybe this will alleviate this problem. Anyone have any thoughts? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Andy

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Watch your support hand...
    You might be hitting the slide lock without even realizing it.

The other thing to check is the slide lock. If the "protrusion" into the slide is too long it might be hitting a bullet and locking it into place. At this point it's easier to replace the slide lock with an upgraded one.

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    I is there any chance you are touching the slide stop with your hand during recoil? If not see if the slide stop is touching the mag. 45s are simple and it is normally something fairly easy. I just bought one of these yesterday and I have not shot it yet. I will try to do that by the end of the week.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    A little late in replying... But, finally got a chance to shoot again a couple of days ago and still having the problem... Bought a Chip McCormic mag and I paid close attention to my support hand and that seems to be well in the clear of the stop. I also had my brother shoot and the same was happening for him. I did notice that when it does lock, the stop is just barely catching the corner of the slot on the slide. I have a new stop on order. I was also wondering if by chance the new stop doesn't fix the problem, maybe filing a slight chamfer on the corner of the slot and/or the corner on the stop. Anybody have any thoughts on that? Thanks-

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A little late in replying... But, finally got a chance to shoot again a couple of days ago and still having the problem... Bought a Chip McCormic mag and I paid close attention to my support hand and that seems to be well in the clear of the stop. I also had my brother shoot and the same was happening for him. I did notice that when it does lock, the stop is just barely catching the corner of the slot on the slide. I have a new stop on order. I was also wondering if by chance the new stop doesn't fix the problem, maybe filing a slight chamfer on the corner of the slot and/or the corner on the stop. Anybody have any thoughts on that? Thanks-

Have you looked at your slide stop inside the gun? See if you can identify copper coloring and, or that the bullets are are hitting it as they feed.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Likely that the nose of your bullets are hitting the slide stop. Check it out as bwframe says and either take it to a smith, return it or CAREFULLY remove a little bit of the slide stop with emery cloth or a file and try it again. DO NOT USE A DREMEL!!! Dremels are for wood carving and crap like that, not guns.

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    If all else fails, send it to RIA/Armscor in Pahrump, NV. Their customer service is excellent; can't say enough good stuff about them. They can also do mods for you at a very reasonable price.

Top Bottom