• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I take reviews with a lot of grains of salt. I definitely don't accept all the reviews of one internet celebrity, nor do I accept every review from magazine articles. Often times, those who read magazine articles don't seem to pick up on the little negative statements, as there is so much information these days that people tend to skim over a lot of content and jump to the wrong conclusions. I like to see what regular people have to say about the firearms they own. If I were to have accepted the tidal wave of negativism about the Sig striker fired pistols, I'd never have found out how great my latest EDC is for me. One thing I've found is that once some negative reviews hit the internet, there is a tendency to pile on. Much of that comes from people who have no experience with a certain gun, but have intense loyalty to another brand. Over the years, I've found that even the most expensive guns can have problems with small parts failure. Almost all manufacturers have had recalls of one kind or another. One thing I find important is how a manufacturer handles problems. A warrantee is only as good as the manufacturer's willingness to satisfactorily respond.

I totally agree. I have been looking at the Standard single action revolver, which is a high quality copy of the Colt Peacemaker. Everyone that I know that own one loves it. I have shot one and agree that it probably the highest quality production SAA made at this time. Yet countless folks degrade it because it doesn’t have the Colt logo. These same folks have no issues praising non-Colt 1911s. It seems hypocritical to base an opinion on something without even using it, or calling a firearm overpriced because it isn’t a Colt.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i hate the reviews i sometimes see,
    "i bought this 12 months ago, never used it, and the battery is dead, 1star"
    " even tho the desciption says it fits ONLY brand XXXX i put on brand ZZZZ and it doesnt fit"
    "i bought this inexpensive range bag, 4 years later one of the seams is falling apart, and it's too late to return it, less than 1 star"

i dont hold much stock in reviews, i do read through them to actually see if someone elses problem may be a problem for me, and make my own decision

:cheers:

Top Bottom