• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Since I bought my first hybrid IWB holster I have been a huge fan of this type of holster. Hybrid holsters are a blend of leather and kydex. Usually the back is leather and the other side is kydex that has been molded to a specific firearm. My first hybrid was a CompTac Minotaur for my M&P9c. I carried this holster every day for well over a year and never had a problem. There became a time that I decided that I wanted my EDC to include a rail-mounted light (Streamlight TLR3) so I needed a new holster that would accommodate this. None of the major hybrid holster makers would make a holster to include a firearm with light attached so I shrugged it off and continued to carry, sans light...then I found out about Mills Tactical. I inquired about getting a holster made that would accommodate my firearm and light. They were very receptive to doing this and I agreed to purchase a holster from them. After taking delivery of my holster I was impressed. The surface area of the holster was about 20% larger than the holster I had been using, but I expected this due to the addition of the light. Here is a pic of the holster:

IMG_4787.jpg

I snapped this pic with the belt clips rotated out of the way so that the mounting holes were visible. There are multiple mounting holes for the belt clips so that the holster is fully adjustable for cant and rise. I wear mine at about 5 o'clock with a forward cant. The belt clips are sturdy kydex and are available in any belt width.

IMG_4788.jpg

This pic is the rear of the holster. The molded kydex is attached to the leather with a continuous kydex "washer" and sturdy rivets.

IMG_4786.jpg

This pic is an overview of the EDC firearm setup and the holster itself.

IMG_4783.jpg

Here is the firearm inserted in the holster. Notice the leather going all the way up behind the entire firearm. This creates a nice buffer between the firearm and the body. The leather keeps any and all contact with the firearm apart from the body, this is nice for my comfort level.

IMG_4770.jpg

This is a pic of the holster in action. Again, I like to wear it at the 5 o'clock position with a forward cant. This brings the butt of the gun up and forward and allows any cover garment to completely cover the firearm without any noticeable printing. I like to wear the holster so that the top of the kydex is right behind the belt. This keeps the holster in a position where re-holstering is simplified and un-complicated. Wearing the holster any lower makes re-holstering difficult because the pants cover the opening in the holster. Some folks wear these hybrids higher than I do with the kydex about 1" or more above the belt line, but for me I prefer the concealability of the lower worn holster.

IMG_4771.jpg

One more close-up pic of the holster in action.

Overall, when I carry concealed, I prefer the hybrid holster over any other method. The Mills Tactical holster is holding up well (I've been using it for about 3 months) and I am a fan of some of it's design elements. The holster is wider than I would have originally preferred, but this has turned out to be a good thing. The extra width spreads the load out over a bit more area and makes wearing it very comfortable. The continuous "washers" of the mounting system keep the holster as slim as possible and are round and smooth enough as to not be noticeable against my skin during use. The belt clips are sturdy and slim making them very concealable and easy to wear.

I would whole-heartedly recommend hybrid holsters from Mills Tactical to anyone wanting a custom hybrid holster solution to their carry needs. One major selling point to me is that Mills Tactical is an Indiana company and the owner is more than willing to work with the customer to come up with solutions to fit their needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom