• Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Hi All,

I've been wanting to post this for a while and am finally getting around to it. This is my first thread post, so if I break etiquette or have this in the wrong section, I apologize in advance. I'm still learning.

I've had some time to carry my Sig Sauer P238 in the JM4 Tactical Quick Click and Carry holster, size small, and want give you all my thoughts. Overall I love this holster and in my experience of holsters this is the only one I can say that about. My biggest challenge in finding a holster was finding one I could put on and take off quick and easy AND fit and tuck well with an acceptable level of comfort. I work in healthcare and I’m not allowed to carry at work. I also have young kids and our family is quite active and often on the go. For this season of life I needed a holster I could throw on fast after getting home from work but also be secure enough to not worry about it while playing with my kids at the park. The JM4 Tactical Quick Click and Carry fits those needs for me better than anything else I’ve tried. What makes all the difference is the magnetic strap and magnetic retention in the holster. It’s made of well fitted quality leather and the bottom of the belt strap is connected to the holster by a strong magnet. So instead of unbuttoning my pants and partially removing my belt to loop the holster on/off, a firm pull on magnet will release it and open the loop so the holster can be easily slipped on and off. Obviously a fully stitched belt loop is more secure but I’ve had no problems with this one. When it’s on it doesn’t move and if I need to adjust it it’s as easy as a hand movement. The magnet in the strap is dual purpose and also provides retention on the gun’s top slide in the holster. I’ve found the amount of retention to be just about perfect to keep the gun rock solid while chasing my kids around the park but also not interfere when practicing a confident draw at the range. The magnet is fully sewn into the leather to ensure it can’t damage the gun’s finish. The way the magnet is incorporated in the holster design also opens up some creative ways to mount and store my P238. On road trips it can be clipped to some dash panels or door pockets. One time while traveling I stuck it to the inside of my hotel room’s metal door. It also will stick to any vertical metal surface in my safe. I’ve had it about a year and half now and it has proven to be very durable. The only wear I found is the leather forming slightly (as expected) and a few rub marks from normal wear and tear. The wear my P238’s finish seems negligible. My P238 actually has a little room to spare in the holster. My father-in-laws P938 fits snug and just about perfect in my holster although JM4 suggests the next size up for the P938. The Springfield 911 in 9mm has a slightly larger trigger guard and stresses the stitching when forced in. The .380 version should fit fine. The Sig 365 and Hellcat do not fit.

I first discovered JM4 Tactical at the NRA convention last year. Chad, the owner, was there in person and he was very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. I found all of the staff to be helpful and competent and they were more concerned about meeting my needs than making a buck. Overall they were great to do business with and they even let me exchange my first purchase for a different style with no fuss.

The Quick Click and Carry line of holsters comes in various sizes and leather finishes ranging from about $60-$85. I got the cheapest one and it’s been worth every penny. Actually, now that I’ve had it awhile I wish I would’ve spent a bit more and gotten one with the nicer finish. They also offer the holster in low or high tuck versions. I have the low tuck and I’m more than happy with it, but next time I have a chance visit JM4 Tactical’s booth I’ll try out the high tuck and see what I think.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully this opens up a holster option for someone else if they’ve been on similar journey.

Last edited:

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    It should be good now. I didn't intend for the first color. I'm trying to learn my way around the forum and contribute more. And I have to do this on my wife's tablet because the site is blocked on my company laptop. The site and this tablet don't always get along!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well, the font is black but still hard to read. I wonder why the font changed. I have never messed with it before. Your reply to me looks fine.

I was able to read it. Glad you like the holster. They are very individual items and a lot of people have several laying around collecting dust because it didn't work the way they wanted them to.

And welcome to the site.

Top Bottom