• Status
    Not open for further replies.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Let me begin by saying I am not much of a knife guy, I have several, I keep a lock back in each of my vehicles, and I have a really cool Viet Nam era Camillus pilots knife that I really like. I do, however, buy the occasional knife that catches my eye, and over the last several years, I've begun to get more interested in knives that would be useful as both weapons and tools in survival/SHTF situations. The Glock field knife has been on my want list for a few months, and I finally bought one from Botach Tactical. I've heard good and bad about Botach, and I experienced no problems at all with my order, receiving the knife only four business days after ordering.
    010.jpg

I'll have to say that for the money, $34, I'm very pleased with the knife. The sheath is a little awkward to get used to, and at first, I could only remove the knife using both hands. After a little practice, I figured out the correct angle to place my thumb on the release clip. I had read a few comments about the knife/sheath while shopping around, and noticed one of the biggest complaints with the set up was the loud click the release clip made when returning the knife to the sheath. After a few minutes, I figured out that if you keep the edge of your index finger against the top of the release, the knife will lock into place almost silently.
    013.jpg

The belt clip will allow for a wide, 2.25 belt, but on my first attempts at belt carry, it seems a little awkward.
    014.jpg

The blade is very thick and sturdy, and, I have not tried it, but it seems to be a good tool for prying on light to medium objects. I did go out back to the wood pile and made a few throws with it, sticking most. I chopped a few sticks, with the widest one being maybe 1 3/4 thick, with pretty good results. I could easily see chopping enough kindling for a good fire with it.
    011.jpg

While slightly abusing the knife in the back yard, there was zero scrapes, nicks, or scuffs. The knife fits my hands nicely, and feels well balanced, although a little on the heavy side, which I personally don't see as a bad thing. I think I will get a few more of these to keep in my vehicles, and around the house. As I said, I am not a knife guy, and certainly not a knife snob, but for the money I shelled out, I think I'm going to be pretty happy with this knife.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom