Review: Aimpoint H1 vs. EOTech XPS (pics/vids)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Correct me if I am wrong.

With a aimpoint you are suppose to just focus on a target and bring the gun up and the dot will be on the target, correct?

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    So you're not selling your Aimpoint? :(

Dude that right there is a rep worthy post!

Evan I forgot to mention as usual a great write up! I think you are right, you have shot so much with a single dot that it's hard for you to get used to the ring.

To correct this I think you will have to go even a step further and go with the Zombie edition!

V8 I really think you a SOL on the Aimpoint, sorry man.:(

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Epic Aimpoint vs. EOThing comparison! Action videos! Jenn Rice studio pics! The introduction of the EOTruck! ALL THIS, AND I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANY DAMN REP!! :xmad:

Seriously, awesome review as always, though I knew how it was going to end. ;) One thing I liked about the EO reticle was the ability to use the 1 MOA center dot to get precise hits close up, or to engage smaller targets at distance more easily. BUT, I have a partial astigmatism in one eye, so the EO reticle looks very fuzzy or pixelated to me, which I find incredibly distracting. The Aimpoint reticle appears somewhat egg-shaped rather than a crisp dot, but it's still quite usable. That's the real make-or-break feature for me; the simpler and more intuitive controls and MUCH longer battery life of the Aimpoints are just bonuses.

Of course, with your new laser-rocket-eyes, I'm sure it was a non-issue for you. ;)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    great review, I went through something similar when choosing and went with the Aimpoint for much the same reason you did.

wait a damn minute... AR...Aimpoint...Battlecomp....M&P..... oh crap....

I'm an esrice fanboi!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The XPS is noticeably heavier than the H1. Putting them both on the scale I realized that the XPS weighs twice what the H1 does.

I might have missed it, but did you mention or know how much of the extra weight was from the LaRue mount on the EOTech?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I might have missed it, but did you mention or know how much of the extra weight was from the LaRue mount on the EOTech?

I didn't dismount the optic and weigh them separately.

The EOTech website says the XPS weighs 8oz. So that would make the mount weigh an additional 5oz.

The Aimpoint, even with mount, weighs 6oz.

Top Bottom