• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    The Evansville Police Department will be offering a 1 day course on security in a church environment on October 16th from 8 am to 4 pm at the National Guard Armory in Evansville.

From the flyer (that I can't figure out how to attach): This 8-hour course is the first in a series of courses designed for pastoral leaders and those responsible for safety and security in a church environment. This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the important steps in planning for a church crisis, reducing vulnerabilities, mitigating a crisis, and dealing with the aftermath of a crisis.

• Crisis Communication
    • Conducting Vulnerability Assessments
    • The Police Response
    • Recovery after the Crisis
    • Dealing with the Media
    • Preparing for the Church Crisis
    • Mitigating the Crisis
    • Identifying Threats
    • Developing Control
    • Individual/Staff Awareness

Sgt. Darren Sroufe, Chaplain of the Evansville Police Department, will give a historical perspective of church violence over the last decade will
    illustrate the importance of preparing your ministry for a risk-effective crisis response. You will learn the basics elements of site and threat
    assessments and how to use the results of an assessment to reduce vulnerability and implement new standards for safety and security.
    We will discuss strategies for improving both individual and organizational awareness and preparedness.

You will also gain a basic understanding of the psychological motivations of persons in crisis and learn to recognize the characteristics of emotionally
    disturbed persons as well as strategies for affecting a positive outcome.

Communication during a crisis is one of the biggest challenges facing anyone responsible for coordinating a response effort. You will learn basic strategies
    for effective communication before, during, and after an incident. A brief overview of the police response will give you an idea of what to expect when
    the police respond to a crisis as well as tips for building a collaborative relationship with law enforcement. Lastly, we will discuss the role of church
    management in dealing with the aftermath of a crisis and the importance of a post-incident strategy.

The cost to attend is a case of canned goods which will be distributed to food banks in the Evansville area.

Contact Debbie Baird of the EPD for further details.

Debbie Baird, Training Coordinator, Administrative Division
    812-436-4948
    dbaird@evansvillepolice.com

I hope to see you there. I'll be sitting front and center.

brian

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Thread moved from rather obscure location to "tactics and training". OP, let me know if this was supposed to go in someone's advertisers subforum.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Tag
    The Evansville Police Department will be offering a 1 day course on security in a church environment on October 16th from 8 am to 4 pm at the National Guard Armory in Evansville.From the flyer (that I can't figure out how to attach): This 8-hour course is the first in a series of courses designed for pastoral leaders and those responsible for safety and security in a church environment. This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the important steps in planning for a church crisis, reducing vulnerabilities, mitigating a crisis, and dealing with the aftermath of a crisis.
    • Crisis Communication
    • Conducting Vulnerability Assessments
    • The Police Response
    • Recovery after the Crisis
    • Dealing with the Media
    • Preparing for the Church Crisis
    • Mitigating the Crisis
    • Identifying Threats
    • Developing Control
    • Individual/Staff Awareness
    Sgt. Darren Sroufe, Chaplain of the Evansville Police Department, will give a historical perspective of church violence over the last decade willillustrate the importance of preparing your ministry for a risk-effective crisis response. You will learn the basics elements of site and threatassessments and how to use the results of an assessment to reduce vulnerability and implement new standards for safety and security. We will discuss strategies for improving both individual and organizational awareness and preparedness.You will also gain a basic understanding of the psychological motivations of persons in crisis and learn to recognize the characteristics of emotionallydisturbed persons as well as strategies for affecting a positive outcome.Communication during a crisis is one of the biggest challenges facing anyone responsible for coordinating a response effort. You will learn basic strategiesfor effective communication before, during, and after an incident. A brief overview of the police response will give you an idea of what to expect whenthe police respond to a crisis as well as tips for building a collaborative relationship with law enforcement. Lastly, we will discuss the role of churchmanagement in dealing with the aftermath of a crisis and the importance of a post-incident strategy.The cost to attend is a case of canned goods which will be distributed to food banks in the Evansville area.Contact Debbie Baird of the EPD for further details.Debbie Baird, Training Coordinator, Administrative Division812-436-4948dbaird@evansvillepolice.comI hope to see you there. I'll be sitting front and center.brian
    tag for later

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I am the head usher at my church. When my pastor asked me to do it I started researching and I was amazed at the amount of violent incidenses that happen in churches. Our denominal organization offers security training and it was quite good training wise. Churches especially ours get alot of desperate and broken people and whether their needs are spiritual or physical they are unstable and could snap. Weve already had a few instances this year. My pastor and our drummer are full time deputies and we have an emt and a reserve deputy and I am former LEO and military so we all have some experience dealing with violence but we still have plans in place and practice them but the majority of churches have a mentality that since its a church no violence can happen there so when trouble comes nobody is prepared. Churches are exactly the place for someone to look to do harm would go because they assume nobody will fight back. Good to see courses like this are around.

Top Bottom