• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crossbow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Tippecanoe Co.
    Anyone have any experience with ordering a laminate rifle stock from Boyd's? They look really nice, but the price is not as much as I thought they would be, and so I'm a little suspicious.:dunno:

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    I've used Boyds for three. A Garand and two .22 varmints. Two were drop in fits. The third for a Savage needed minor sanding in the barrel channel to float the barrel. All work fine for my purposes.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I ordered one years ago for a 10-22. Comfortable and very lightweight. I've been considering another one to replace a Hogue that I have on one of my 10-22's.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I only see (3) stocks for the 10/22. Is that all they have? I don't care for any of them. Not into thumb hole stocks and that tacticool is not my cup of tea either.

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    Boyd's on-line prices are a lot less than the prices you'll see for a thumb-hole 10/22 stock at the gun shows. They are very nice stocks, I think you get more than your money's worth. I have only one now, but I'm thinking about replacing a stock on a hunting rifle as well.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I just put a Tacticool stock on my Savage MkII a couple weeks ago and really like it. Considering another for an old pre accu trigger Savage 10.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    That tacticool target style stock I received for my Rem 597 came warped, only the butt and top of the stock would touch on a level surface, I had them send out another and amazingly they sent another warped one to me. I sent it back and forgot about em.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    they have a bad rep at a lot of internet forums but I think for the money on a rimfire they make a very solid stock. I have had one on my 10-22 for quite some time now and love it. it actually has a high enough comb to use with a scope and or Iron sights.

Top Bottom