• ...and so much more!
  • BigJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Broadripple
    Hi guys,

I am offering up my VTR for POSSIBLE trade or sale. I still have not decided exactly what I am going to do with it, but I have recently learned that my beloved, "long range" gun will not be allowed for long range competitions due to the compensator on the barrel. That REALLY throws a kink into my plans.

Here is the link to my thread for this rifle: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/145165-remington_vtr_308_mini_review.html

That thread contains a very detailed description of the gun and how it performs. This gun can shoot MUCH better than 1/2 MOA as my last group shows, and would be a great hunting/target gun out to 1000 yards.

The gun is a stock Remington VTR Desert Recon in 308 caliber. It has a Harris bi-pod, and claw sling. The scope is a trijicon TR23-2 (TR23-2 AccuPoint - Trijicon, Inc.) it is a 5-20x50mm scope, and retails for around $1200. It has an illuminated ridicule that does not use batteries, just light, and is extremely visible in high and low light situations. It is mounted with a PRI 20 moa base, with leupold MK4 aluminum rings. That combo alone set me back $220. I bought this gun with less than 150 rounds through it, and I have since put less than 100 rounds. So it is safe to say it has less than 250 rounds. What you are getting here is known accuracy. It has been taken care of meticulously and functions flawlessly. One last thing I will mention, the previous owner of this gun had some trigger work done, and I can honestly say that it is the best stock trigger I have EVER felt, and the folks at Elmores agree, zero creep, zero over-travel.

I am looking for another 308, although I realize that is probably not going to happen, so I am open for trades, but am not looking for junk, high quality firearms only. A few trades I would consider are;

HIGH quality 1911 (think Wilson)
    Kimber Raptor II + cash
    NICE match grade AR (in either 223 or 308)
    308 bolt action gun that can shoot 1/2 moa or better w/o a compensator (the reason I am considering selling my VTR)

Cash price (with mounts) is $1750 OBO (make a reasonable offer!)

Here are some pics:
    017.jpg

016.jpg

046.jpg

The last group has two fliers. They were my fist two shots with a clean bore. I like to think that they were cold-bore/fouling shots...but could have easily been my fault!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom