• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I got a call this morning from Allen over at Diamond Collision informing me that the Remington R-15 was done being Ceracoated. It was like waking up on Christmas Morning!

Here is the Before and After.

picture.php

It was my first rifle but the Real Tree Camo started getting on my nerves as I have aged!

picture.php

Stats are

Remington R15 VTR with 20 inch barrel 1/9 twist
    Madpul PRS Super Sniper Stock
    Midwest Industries 15 inch hand guard
    Osprey 3-9x42 Scope (May Change to something else in the near future)
    Magpul enhanced trigger guard
    Magpul MOE+ grip
    Harris Bipod
    Pro Mag Picetiney swivel
    Flat Dark Earth Ceracoat

I highly recommend Allen's Ceracoating work!

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Looks very nice!!! Why, in the 2nd pic, is the scope mounted farther forward with one ring on the receiver and the other on the rail?

I mounted it a little differently to give a little extra room to pull the charging handle plus I can see through the scope better. I don't think it will cause any problems....do you? I was also going to mount MBUS sights on a diagonal as back up sights.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I mounted it a little differently to give a little extra room to pull the charging handle plus I can see through the scope better. I don't think it will cause any problems....do you? I was also going to mount MBUS sights on a diagonal as back up sights.
    Generally it is most stable to have the scope supported off the upper, and not the forward rail. It can cause your zero to drift a bit since the handguard is not completely solidly attached

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Looks like another of Allen's satisfied customers. How does it shoot? I've been curious about the Remington ARs.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    That looks great! The Osprey scope is pretty forgiving with eye relief if memory serves me right. You can buy a different charging handle or just the latch to make it easier to operate with the scope. I've used badger ordnance in the past. There are many ambidextrous and extended charging handle latches out there. It would be an easy swap and still match the way you have it.
    Again, Looks great!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Looks great.

Good Idea moving the scope back, Typically ar's are mounted with cantilever mounts to get some extra eye relief room, and the proper height. You would have almost defiantly had issues mounting it on the forearm.

Top Bottom