• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Ok im just starting out in reloading i live in a apartment so space is alittle limited. I know for the press u need a sturdy bench but what if i dont have one? Can i just clamp it to a table?, and for brass i was just going to use the plastic containers from the shop, and get ammo cans for finished bullets, anything else im missing for my set up let me know

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    For resizing brass the press has to be mounted to something sturdy, if you don't have room for a real bench , you might want to buy or build something like a grinder stand.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i think ive seen stands from hornady. might work with other units. if you have a buddy that can weld just have him fab something up that would be somewhat portable. youll want it to have a heavy base, and weighted toward one end as presses have to extend past whatever its sitting on.
    or just make a bench. get ahold of some power tools, 2x4s, and plywood. easy peasy.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    When I lived in an apartment I mounted my press to a piece if 2x6 ( counter sink the boltheads from the bottom) and C-clamped it to the kitchen table. It worked great as long as you have a decent table weight wise.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    I started reloading while living in a studio apartment. For my bench I took a pre-cut piece of 3/4" finished plywood. Then poly'd it several times. For legs, and to save space, I bought a pair of banquet table legs. Because the top of the bench was only 4' the legs couldn't fold flat, but they folded flat enough to be pushed under my bed when not in use. By no means is it the sturdiest of set ups but it is an effective compromise when space is the primary issue.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    I picked up a used desk and mounted to that. Worked out well did not mind drilling holes in a desk i got off craislist for $40.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I ran a Dillon 550 mounted to a 2X12 C- Clamped across the kitchen table for a couple years while living in a apartment at college. Works great for most pistol stuff if you are doing full length on 30-06 or larger cals you might have to beef up the table.

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    I have been using a Black and Decker Workmate portable work bench the last 5 years. Works fine for me. Doesn't take up much space. I have my RCBS Rock Chucker and Powder measure and my Hornady Lock and load all on my portable bench and don't feel crowded at all. It is so compact that I could throw it in the pickup and take to the gun range if needed.

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    when I started, I mounted my press and powder thrower on a 2x8 that was about 2ft long. then I would clamp it to my coffe table, kitchen table, or computer desk. never had a problem. when I was done, i could unclamp it and store it in a closet. so no you dont have to have a bench to reload. just my personal experience.

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Where did u get it outaAmmo

Try any of the big box Home stores or

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-WM425-350-Pound-Workbench/dp/B0000224R9"]Amazon.com: Black & Decker WM425 Workmate 425 350-Pound Capacity Portable Workbench: Home Improvement[/ame]

Top Bottom