• tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    My advice...

Buy this one...

Decide if you like it or not, then decide whether to keep it or throw triple/quadruple the money at one the same, but not made in china.

FYI - you don't have to confess here or anywhere else that you "tested" a chinese made optic to determine a piece of gear's worth. You can also turn around and sell it for darn near what you paid for it, if you don't beat it up too badly. (That will not happen with the much pricier one's.)

It's just a RDS, they are pretty much the same. I'm sure the high dollar one's have their worth, but...

Icing on the cake with the cheap Chinese made dots. There is a huge amount of content on the web about them from setup to usage to comparisons to abuse testing. Not near as much on the pricey one's.

My apologies, but I cannot readily find the video. A guy with a youtube series on the Romeo5 was shooting remarkably good groups at 100 yards, using his rear BUIS with the dot centered, as if it were a front sight.

:twocents:
    Thread resurrection...I took your advice and bought my first red dot, Romeo 5. Great results on a 9mm PCC optics ready flat top pistol.

Has anyone bought or used the green predator triangle Sig Romeo 5? For the standard Ruger PCC it'd need a quick disconnect to use the low open sights on the barrel.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Has anyone bought or used the green predator triangle Sig Romeo 5?

Sounds interesting. Love the idea of differerent reticles in dot sights. Not a lot of actual shooting time on my Holosun, but I'm fond of the circle-dot on dry fire.

Every green illumination I have looked through does not pick up quick for my eyes. I can find it, but no getting around it being slower. Add green leaves or grass downrange and it's even slower to pick up.

Top Bottom