• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Title says it all. I'm wanting to get a good gas operated airsoft pistol, but I don't want one expensive enough to tempt me to buy a real gun instead. I want realistic weight, feel, and accuracy.

So, any suggestions?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Title says it all. I'm wanting to get a good gas operated airsoft pistol, but I don't want one expensive enough to tempt me to buy a real gun instead. I want realistic weight, feel, and accuracy.

So, any suggestions?

Used in the right context, airsoft can be a very good training aid. Force on force programs like ours at Suarez and like the Mindset Labs are invaluable if you want to understand the dynamics of a fight and your reactions.

As to good airsoft guns, it sorta depends on what you are looking for. We like to use ones that mimic our carry guns and are realistic in weight and operation. Since that is mostly Glocks and Glock won't authorize an airsoft copy it has been sorta tough, with most guys going with KSC/KWA guns, which apparantly are somewhat of a grey item to import. I am by no means an expert on airsoft guns. They are just a means to an end, so I don't get hung up on them.

I have a KSC G19 and just recently purchased the Umarex in the link Evan provided. So far I am happy with it. I will be using it extensively in the upcoming force on force class in Roanoke and will probably have a better idea of its reliability and durability after that. It is reasonably priced.

Trickpony

Marksman
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    What kind of airsoft gun are you looking for? I have a nice one similar to a STI 2011 that I no longer use and would sell. I even have a plate rack, gas and pellets that I coul sell too...

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    My 'first firearm' was actually this airsoft copy of the beretta px4 storm:

Beretta PX4 Storm. Air guns - PyramydAir.com

It was a gift so I'm not 100% sure on the price he paid, but my friend picked it out because he liked that the slide actaully had blowback action when it was fired. He tought me the basics of firearm safety with that airsoft gun. Many cans & boxes have been shredded in my basement :draw:since then.

I eventually went onto buying the genuine PX4 storm in 9mm as my first firearm. I never had any interest in Berettas until I was given the airsoft, so I guess that counts as a pretty positive review.

Good luck with your search. At the very least, PyramidAir is a pretty good website to see everything out there, even if you dont' buy from them.

Top Bottom