• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coderd06

Plinker
    Feb 22, 2011
    I used to have a cheap ole CVA and I just got the new Traditions muzzleloader with the hand removable breech plug (NO TOOLS!) and the difference is night and day. It shoots groups just as good as my dads bone collector... Plus the hand removable breech plug is awesome!

Jeremy05

Plinker
    Jan 26, 2011
    Greenwood
    I used to have a cheap ole CVA and I just got the new Traditions muzzleloader with the hand removable breech plug (NO TOOLS!) and the difference is night and day. It shoots groups just as good as my dads bone collector... Plus the hand removable breech plug is awesome!

Which Traditions muzzleloader did you get? I did a search & the price ranges from $150 - $300 on the Traditions. Is the $150 Traditions a lot better gun than the CVA's?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Which Traditions muzzleloader did you get? I did a search & the price ranges from $150 - $300 on the Traditions. Is the $150 Traditions a lot better gun than the CVA's?

I have a Traditions Pursuit... I think I paid $349 about 7 yrs ago. I'm going to list mine for $225

meyer4589

Expert
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    if you are looking for a traditional style muzzle-loader to looking into lyman great plains/hawkins style rifle. You can usually find good used ones for around 350.

My dad gave me one to shoot and I have never shot it until today, extremely accurate. I was hitting 8 inch metal plates 100yrds out standing shooting off hand.

Top Bottom