• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Ellettsville
    I just received my Utah permit today. I took the May 6th class and sent off the application on the 7th. They received the app. on the 12th. Not quite 60 days, but close. Thanks again Jim for the great class. :yesway:

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Congrats and welcome to the Utah club! :rockwoot:

You are welcome!

Regards,

Jim

I just received my Utah permit today. I took the May 6th class and sent off the application on the 7th. They received the app. on the 12th. Not quite 60 days, but close. Thanks again Jim for the great class. :yesway:

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Question for the experts: Is it really worth the time and expense to acquire a Utah permit? By my count, Indiana LCHG is NOT honored by 21 states and DC but the Utah permit is NOT honored by 28 states and DC. Maybe my count is off but seems to me that more states honor IN than UT. Where's the benefit?

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Between IN (25 states) and UT (8 additional states) you (currently) get 33 states total. Most people obtain a UT permit to carry in OH.

You can see a map of states covered here:
    Utah non-resident Concealed Firearms Permit course -... - Eventbrite

Regards,

Jim

Question for the experts: Is it really worth the time and expense to acquire a Utah permit? By my count, Indiana LCHG is NOT honored by 21 states and DC but the Utah permit is NOT honored by 28 states and DC. Maybe my count is off but seems to me that more states honor IN than UT. Where's the benefit?

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This has got me thinking now. I went to OH for business a couple days ago and didn't carry because the factory we went to is in the ghetto and I didn't want to leave my gun in the car (they have a NO firearms policy on the front door) I could have sworn the IN permit was good in OH but I double checked my source at opencarry.org and yeah the IN permit is NOT valid in OH. That sucks!

So if I read correctly I can posess an Indiana LTCH and a Utah non-resident permit? I might need to sign up for this class.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, you can possess both an IN LTCH and a Utah permit. A list of upcoming course dates can be viewed at: Dignitary Protection Group, LLC (DPG) - Training

Regards,

Jim

This has got me thinking now. I went to OH for business a couple days ago and didn't carry because the factory we went to is in the ghetto and I didn't want to leave my gun in the car (they have a NO firearms policy on the front door) I could have sworn the IN permit was good in OH but I double checked my source at opencarry.org and yeah the IN permit is NOT valid in OH. That sucks!

So if I read correctly I can posess an Indiana LTCH and a Utah non-resident permit? I might need to sign up for this class.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    This was a one day event. It is good that the Utah timing is back to 60 days. I thought mine would be back in time for the trip out west, but sent mine in back when Obama fever was causing Utah submissions to go through the roof.

Top Bottom