• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Taking a stroller anywhere there is somewhat of a crowd is a pain in the ass. It's not fun pushing one around. Usually the people that are inconsiderate are the people who are cutting you off or groaning behind you because you can't walk as fast as a Kenyan marathon walker.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I recently went to a gun show near here in Charlestown, In small venue, high prices, and gun snobs galore! Crowded beyond belief! I'll stick with the larger shows for now...if I go....

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have too many things on my plate to think about some guy this other guy saw and formed a opinion about over something that has no effect on my day to day life and never will.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    While the strollers are annoying, the dumbasses that stop in the middle of the aisle to bull**** about jimbob really **** me off. You see an old buddy you want to talk to, great. Find some place out of the way and talk all you want.

Hillbillyblood

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    LaPorte Indiana
    It really comes down to being inconsiderate, there is nothing wrong with taking the youngins and your wife to the shows. Have to agree with the "Its an all about me" attitude these days. Not sure what happened but the morals and values I was raised to adhere to are dwindling!

Love to support the local gun shows and shop around for new or interesting things, but it is hard to enjoy when others think there entry fee made them part owner!

All it takes is an excuse me, pardon me, thank you or even a smile :)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have too many things on my plate to think about some guy this other guy saw and formed a opinion about over something that has no effect on my day to day life and never will.

BnB, but, that's exacly what you have done. :):

Seriously though, when I worked the INGO booth at the 1500, we would invite families to take a break behind our table. Only those who knew us took us up on the offer, but that's okay. Many just thought the show would be kind of empty and knew they made a bad decision to bring the baby after seeing the crowd, but had already paid for parking.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    OP has taken some shots, & I see both sides. When my boys were young, young enough to need a stroller, my wants came after their needs. I worked, & still do, 6-days a week, when it as time for my little men, I took them to a park, play area or just wrestled with them in our house or backyard. YMMV, & I agree with OP, strollers are a pain at gunshows, but it's their right to be there. I've seen plenty, some considerate (very few), most not so much. I will say that in Evansville, I've seen respect for the "more mature" every show, & it always makes my day better. Last one @ Natl Guard Armory, saw a man hold door for an older feller, he held it for ~10 minutes, as the older feller was using a walker & moving very slow. I stayed behind him to make sure he didn't fall, not sure he knew I was there, & that's ok.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Well I would pick dealing with the stroller than having to deal with adults crapping their pants during a gun show. I guess this guy has no right to enjoy his life now that he has kids too bad that it inconvenienced you, good for this dad being in the kids lives unlike a lot of dads that want nothing to do with their kids. :twocents:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    BnB, but, that's exacly what you have done. :):
    Bill%20Lumbergh_zpsqihopf42.jpg

:): INGO sucks you in before you can say no.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's hard to bring kids to a 1500. Kids take your full attention so it's not easy to watch them and also look at guns. But I've taken my older daughter before. She's not in a stroller. I actually enjoy my kids. I take them places with me and I try to get them interested in the things I'm interested in. My 8 year old knows more about ar-15's than a lot of guys on ingo I promise you that. And I'm very proud of her for it. As well as knowing safety rules. SHE ALso has more manners and says please and thank you and holds doors open for people always!
    the people standing in the middle of the isles talking like no one else is there are the idiots that get to me. That's not courteous. Step to the side.
    ive seen people on ingo make fun on and ***** about disabled people on scooters who go to the show being in their way. I don't know what ****tards raised some people in this current world but they did a ****ty job. Take a breath and slow down. Or don't go if your gonna be an *******.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We live in a society where people want kids but they don't wanna raise them. Sending them to the sitter is the answer more than not. So basicly people are letting other people raise their kids. I don't get it. Maybe you shouldn't have kids

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    We live in a society where people want kids but they don't wanna raise them. Sending them to the sitter is the answer more than not. So basicly people are letting other people raise their kids. I don't get it. Maybe you shouldn't have kids

I think that too. I resigned from my job to stay home and rais my kids. Got to admit it is extremely hard and not the norm. Never figured out why people want and have kids to drop them off at a dirty daycare. Then both parents have to work all they can to pay for it all.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But what are people thinking!

They are just people. They did stupid things in the past and they will do stupid things now and in the future.

It is a give that the other monkeys in this cage will behave badly. Smile and nod and minimize the harm they cause to yourself.

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood
    The NRA convention was similar. Thankfully we don't have the opposite problem where the firearms hobby is dead and crowds are thin.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Forget what you SEE at a gun show, have you ever SMELLED a gun show?
    The FUNK that people take to gun shows reminds me of the really dumpy apartments where the smell of everybody's cooking mixes together and takes on a smell of itself. Yeah imagine that but instead of 12 different kinds of food it's 12 different brands of pit stink, breath, foot odor, unwwiped bottom and kidney failure.

Thank god for the internet.

And before the smelly people get butthurt, I understand that sometimes people can't help that they smell really bad...

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I understand some have medical conditions, but I'm pretty sure the percentage of those folks at any given gun show is not equivalent to the STENCH.
    Seriously, folks. You KNOW you're going to be in a crowd. Would a quick jog through the shower kill ya? Dammmn...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's easy to forgive the folks with strollers. Imagine you are young, have a couple of little kids and you and your wife decide it might be a good idea to buy a gun. You hear that the 1500 is the coming weekend, so you pack the kids up and you and the wife head off to the gun show imagining it's no different than the home show, model train show or any of the other shows you've attended at the fairgrounds. You don't realize how ridiculously tight the aisles are until you've paid to get in and now you find yourself struggling to get to see anything all the while folks are grumbling about you being in the way. It's probably not the best introduction to the shooting world. I cannot imagine anyone that's caught in that situation putting themselves in it a second time on purpose.

The problem with strollers is not that they are there, but that the show is run in too small of a space. The shooting community should love the fact that families are attending the shows with kids and should be ticked that the shows are run in such a tight environment. There are few places to go to when at the show to escape the crush once you are in the middle of it. The aisles should be twice the size they are. When the aisles are as tight as they are, it kills the enjoyment for most everyone except the old scum that use that as an opportunity to grope women as the squeeze by. My wife has been grabbed a couple of times at the 1500.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I'm enjoying this thread,OOOoops maybe I shouldn't say that might make someone angry, LOL
    This ole boy pushing this stroller was working his tail off if he had 3 youngens to deal with and a BIG CHEVY STROLLER, enjoy life enjoy every minute. cuz its gonna change. For all u haters of "the guy at the shows pushing strollers and dealing with his kids" he dealt with it!!
    The thing that really gripes my tail is all the Black people at these redneck shows, how dare they!! the 4 i seen were clueless.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I'm enjoying this thread,OOOoops maybe I shouldn't say that might make someone angry, LOL
    This ole boy pushing this stroller was working his tail off if he had 3 youngens to deal with and a BIG CHEVY STROLLER, enjoy life enjoy every minute. cuz its gonna change. For all u haters of "the guy at the shows pushing strollers and dealing with his kids" he dealt with it!!
    The thing that really gripes my tail is all the Black people at these redneck shows, how dare they!! the 4 i seen were clueless.

:popcorn:

Top Bottom