• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mods feel free to move this, I wasn't sure where to put this but I was wondering if anyone around Indy has a Ransom rest for pistols.. I have a couple of things I would love to test but can't see buying a Ransom rest at over $500 to use for a few hours.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    That link is to the grip inserts only. In addition to the pistol specific grip inserts, you also need the rest itself. Poke around on the web site you linked and you'll see that the cost of the rest is going to put a bite into your firearm budget ... well, into my firearm budget if I was inclined to purchase a Ransom rest.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    That link is to the grip inserts only. In addition to the pistol specific grip inserts, you also need the rest itself. Poke around on the web site you linked and you'll see that the cost of the rest is going to put a bite into your firearm budget ... well, into my firearm budget if I was inclined to purchase a Ransom rest.
    Wow! If you get all the goodies it's $1100-1330 + tax depending on the rest.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    The key is "plus inserts" ... want to test a different handgun, buy different inserts. It's a very devious scheme that Ransom came up with, and has added to their bottom line every year.

If only I had this idea first. Who knows what beach I'd be resting on sipping boat drinks?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The key is "plus inserts" ... want to test a different handgun, buy different inserts. It's a very devious scheme that Ransom came up with, and has added to their bottom line every year.

If only I had this idea first. Who knows what beach I'd be resting on sipping boat drinks?
    Design your own rest and under cut them by 25% with a quality rest, you'll be doing just that. TJ Rest.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Ransom rest is neat, messed with one. Inherited it yrs later.

Simply didnt need it as Im not into data testing for the sake of testing, dont have a YT channel, and dont do any gunsmithing.

Not a bullseye shooter either.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Maybe a gunshop could by one and rent it out for $×× amount per hour or day.

I wonder if that would catch on?
    Had one like 30 years ago and used it for testing. I sold it to what used to be Bullseye in Kokomo(indoor range) and the plan was let customers use it. That was like 25 years ago don't imagine they still have it now.
    I learned quite a bit from using it for testing.

Top Bottom