• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Hey, INGOers!

Spent the day at the range with akaindy and our old friend Jon, who was in town from Cincinnati. It was a chance for the three of us to get caught up, shoot some new (and not so new) guns, and generally have some fun. That being said, we did go in with something of a plan:

• Get the sights zeroed on Jon's LWRCI M6A2, and give him some pointers on maintenance and proper use of the AR platform (this is his first AR; he went all in!)

• Function test akaindy's SLR-105 and -106

• Function test the BC2.0 comp on my Bushmaster ACR, and troubleshoot accuracy issues from previous range trip

• Shoot pistols

DSCN6017.jpg

Jon brought his new-to-him LWRCi M6A2. It's a very nice piston AR with free-float rail, Troy sights and the excellent VLTOR eMod stock. It ran well, and we got the irons sights dialed in without too much trouble. The perceived recoil on this rifle is a bit heavier than a direct impingement AR, but the impulse itself (and thus the barrel/sight movement) is very predictable.

DSCN6022.jpg

Two of a kind... sort of. Arsenal SLR-106F and -106FR in 5.56.

DSCN6030.jpg

DSCN6032.jpg

akaindy shooting his customized SLR-105 5.45x39 carbine

DSCN6031.jpg

Check out that front end!

DSCN6034.jpg

Taking a break from the "program" to play around with my suppressed Savage .22 bolt gun

No pics of the ACR being shot, sorry! I gotta say, however, that the addition of the BattleComp BC2.0 has completely changed the shooting characteristics of this rifle for the better! I was also able to get the Aimpoint Micro dialed in, and the accuracy issues I was having last time out (gun would group fine at 25 but be all over the damn place at 50) miraculously vanished today. It is now approaching the 700 round mark with no cleaning or lube, and has only had one malfunction (failure to feed). I'm liking it more and more...

And now on to the pistols...
    DSCN6044.jpg

DSCN6060.jpg

Jon brought his SIG-Sauer P226 TacOps .40. Being a full-size all-metal gun, it was a pretty tame shooter, but I didn't like the contoured grip, and I tended to ride my thumb on the slide stop, which induced a couple malfunctions.

DSCN6076.jpg

DSCN6066.jpg

akaindy rocked his Glock 17, as usual

DSCN6078.jpg

I shot my Glock 17, as well. Switching to S&B ammo seems to have made the reliability problems I'd had earlier this year (shooting Precision Cartride) go away. Happy happy!

It was HOT outside, but we had the range pretty much to ourselves; everybody must've been at home watching the race or something. We shot well, the guns ran well, and we had a good time. I got some video from the iKam and Hero Cam that I'll put up in the next couple days.

Until then!

:ingo:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Bump with video!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOy4ymrPLx4[/ame]
    First time out with the ACR after mounting the BattleComp BC2.0. What a difference a brake makes! :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK37RddB9Ww[/ame]
    More ACR + BC2.0 goodness, filmed with the Hero Cam

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boGTIjWYNpc[/ame]
    Shooting the Arsenal SRL-106 5.56mm AK

Top Bottom