• ...and so much more!
  • MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Merry Christmas, INGO.

In all seriousness, A Christmas Story (on TBS right now for 24hrs straight!) is a whimsical tale of overcoming anti-gunners and a celebration of Murica. Watch it!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    He violates the four and gets shot in the eye as a consequence. Lessons were learned.

We put the marathon on and let it play all day on Christmas. The family has watched it every year for the past decade or so.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    We Love it too. I probably learned more than a few hard lessons from my Red Rider carbine. I loved that thing. Cheap and fun to shoot. What a great way to learn.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    About five years ago I "ruined Christmas" by bringing a cheap bb gun as my grab bag gift to my aunt's Christmas dinner.

My aunt is a wonderful, kind, loving lady who is not very comfortable with guns of any type. Her husband has a few, but they stay out of sight and out of mind. Her house, her rules, I would not have brought the bb gun if i thought it would be an issue as I totally respect my dear aunt. She just did not at all see the humor or appropriateness of me giving a bb gun as a Christmas present. Her husband got the bb gun in the exchange and it was ackward and not very cool at all.

Two years later, my aunt again hosted our family for Christmas and her household had found the fun of sitting up pop cans in the back yard and shooting them with the cheap bb gun. She had warmed considerably to the idea and there was lots of good natured ribbing we had a nice time shooting targets and laughing about the distress of a few years ago.

This year we were again at that Aunt's house and her husband was proudly showing everyone the fancier Crossman BB gun that his daughter had given him for Christmas. No muss, no fuss, just some happy expectation of target shooting and watching "Ralphie" on TV.

Winning that old culture war one inch at a time!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    About five years ago I "ruined Christmas" by bringing a cheap bb gun as my grab bag gift to my aunt's Christmas dinner.

My aunt is a wonderful, kind, loving lady who is not very comfortable with guns of any type. Her husband has a few, but they stay out of sight and out of mind. Her house, her rules, I would not have brought the bb gun if i thought it would be an issue as I totally respect my dear aunt. She just did not at all see the humor or appropriateness of me giving a bb gun as a Christmas present. Her husband got the bb gun in the exchange and it was ackward and not very cool at all.

Two years later, my aunt again hosted our family for Christmas and her household had found the fun of sitting up pop cans in the back yard and shooting them with the cheap bb gun. She had warmed considerably to the idea and there was lots of good natured ribbing we had a nice time shooting targets and laughing about the distress of a few years ago.

This year we were again at that Aunt's house and her husband was proudly showing everyone the fancier Crossman BB gun that his daughter had given him for Christmas. No muss, no fuss, just some happy expectation of target shooting and watching "Ralphie" on TV.

"Sniff"....I love a happy ending.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here

It's a Christmas miracle! Good job!

Top Bottom