• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Man I love rainy days! I love the smell, I love warm rain, I love the puddles on the ground, I love to watch it fall and the sounds it makes on the different surfaces it hits.

But...

What I love most about the rain.... I love the WORMS it brings!!! :rockwoot:

I wish I'd had my wife's camera cause someone's not gonna believe me, but I pulled eight 7-10" worms off my garage floor/driveway!!!! :D I also pulled another four 5-7" worms as well. There were probably another 12 worms all just lying there, but they couldn't have been a couple inches long stretched out and WAY too small for bait. I put them all back into the garden and flower pots to get larger and help with the dirt before it gets too cold.

Not that it's too late for fishing, and I could have kept them for bait, but I think they'll serve better in the garden and our yard. Our front yard grass doesn't like to grow well and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the ground is crap from when they built the subdivision. Luckily worms can help with that... :)

Anyway, that was an unusual amount of worms even though it's been raining all night. I've yet to see THAT many worms congregate under our garage door. Anyone else noticing a larger than normal influx of worms on the ground with this series of rain storms?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Did the worms look like this?

worms-turret.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea, I think I would have :poop: myself then went to jail for discharging my firearm in town. There's NO WAY the PPD would believe an army of WORMS were attacking me! :):

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Some of my favorite childhood memories was of my Mother taking us Worm Hunting after a good rain.
    I miss those days.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Some of my favorite childhood memories was of my Mother taking us Worm Hunting after a good rain.
    I miss those days.

Before I moved to Indy, we never bought our fishing worms from a store... :D I used to worm hunt for fun all the time growing up. Especially in Boy Scouts. Only way you were gonna get bait for your fishing stick!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Before I moved to Indy, we never bought our fishing worms from a store... :D I used to worm hunt for fun all the time growing up. Especially in Boy Scouts. Only way you were gonna get bait for your fishing stick!

I hear ya. We ALWAYS got out worms ourself. No other way to do it. We used to get so excited when it would rain.
    I still to this day gout out with a flashlight at dusk after a good rain and see if I "still got it". (and I do):D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Went back out to greet the kids off the bus... Saw a nightcrawler that was as big around as a Sharpie and about as long as a Pringle can and a half!!! THAT SUCKER WAS HUGE!!!

RandyMarlar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Zionsville
    When I was a kid the best place to get worms was the drain for the kitchen sink at my Grandparents house. They lived so far back in the hills of VA they didn't have indoor plumbing except for a kitchen sink (which drained out about 30ft from the house into the garden) until 1976! The worms that lived where that sink dumped out were incredible. There was always a pile of "tin cans" behind the shed to hold the worms.
    Randy

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    My grandpa and I used to go out with to alligator clipped wire leads a battery from his boat and acouple of grandmas metal hangers... man can you get some worms that way

Top Bottom