• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I have a new Savage 111 in 300 win mag and plan on putting a swfa 10X mrad with side focus on it. The scope, sunshade, and bubble level are sitting in the shopping cart and I don't know what ring and rail combo to buy. I like the steel warne and badger ordance base. I don't think I need a 20moa base with the swfa scope? But what height rings and what brand?

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    The SS offer copious elevation and they track accurately across the whole range, so while you may not 'need' inclination in the mount there is certainly no downside to it.

Of what SWFA sells, if I wanted a rail arrangement, EGW with either TPS, Seekins, or Burris Zee rings would work. In order of preference. Dual dovetails would be the move if ring spacing latitude wasn't an issue.

All my SS are mounted in someone's lows or mediums and both work. Mediums are a safer bet if you expect room for scope caps or the barrel is longshanked. Lows on a rail. Luckily don't have a Salvage 111 to know how their barrels are profiled.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom