• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    This may be a silly suggestion, but has anyone ever thought about the chance of having a suppressed only FNS shoot one month on an off Friday? I tghink it'd be really cool to hear nothing but the ping of lead and steel! I know we've got quite a few shooters that have suppressors and I"m sure that the .22 rifle and pistol classes would be pretty popular as well as a handful of suppressed AR's and 9mm auto pistols.

I"m not much on the planning part, but the idea is there. Any interest in this?

Doug K

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Suppressed Squad

I don't think we could come up with enough suppressed guns to make a night of it, but it may be a cool idea to have a "suppressed squad" at a regular match.

This may be a silly suggestion, but has anyone ever thought about the chance of having a suppressed only FNS shoot one month on an off Friday? I tghink it'd be really cool to hear nothing but the ping of lead and steel! I know we've got quite a few shooters that have suppressors and I"m sure that the .22 rifle and pistol classes would be pretty popular as well as a handful of suppressed AR's and 9mm auto pistols.

I"m not much on the planning part, but the idea is there. Any interest in this?

Doug K

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    wouldnt you run into problems with the timers with the suppressed guns?

Not if you have an experienced RO.

it may be a cool idea to have a "suppressed squad" at a regular match.

What would be the point if everyone else there is running loud, thereby requiring ear protection? :dunno:

How 'bout a suppressed side match after the match, like we did with PCRs a couple years ago?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I don't think we could come up with enough suppressed guns to make a night of it, but it may be a cool idea to have a "suppressed squad" at a regular match.
    You will have more luck finding repressed shooters as compared to suppressd ones.

January would be a good month for a side match as normal attendance will be low.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been thinking about the timer issue with respect to quiet guns. Sometimes it's tough to register the shots from an unsupressed .22LR rifle, much less one with a can on it.

Here's an idea: what about using airsoft timers? They're a lot more sensitive (can detect the pressure wave from airsoft replicas).

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

Hater.:):

I don't know, I bet we could come up with enough shooters to make a night of it. Heck, FNS used to only bring out numbers in the teens, shooter wise. I bet we could get 10-20 shooters of suppressed guns out to something like this. Hell, I'd be in for 3 myself!:ar15:(pew, pew)

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Here's the deal: I'll be more than happy to set something up and run it past the board for approval, but it's gonna have to be conditional. I mean I'm gonna need at least 10-12 commitments from shooters because I'm not gonna go all-out for 5 shooters. It's fine to do this on a Friday, so lets pick one so I can get it approved and on the calendar.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I'd be in for a .22 pistol and rifle entry. I"m sure my buddy who shot last month would be in for a pistol and rifle as well. I'm all for trying it out as a side match just to gauge interest. I bet that lots of folks would stick around to watch. It'd only be slightly louder than last month's airsoft demo! (I wasn't there, though, i was downing my first Linie's of the night at that point!)

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Ok, so you wanna set up a suppressed side-match after FNS on the 8th? Do we wanna just run a couple of the FNS stages or do we wanna set up a couple of our own? I'd be a fan of using the plate rack and maybe another stage....I don't really want to run all 5 of the FNS stages a second time, being that it'll be fairly late :twocents:

On second thought, if there is interest for this, I'd rather do it on a separate Friday. We'd be shooting WAAAAAY too late if we did it after a regular FNS.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom