• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Ill make this as short as i can. My license to carry has my old address on it, although the ISP have my updated address.

Should i get a new license printed with my current address on it? Ive been pulled over once before and the LEO ran my ltch. He said it had my updated address on the computer. I just want to play it safe, so theres no trouble later on.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From personal experience...

1. I was approached by off-duty LEO at a bar while OC. He checked my license, and asked if it was my current address. I told him I'd faxed in the change, and that was the end of the conversation.

2. I was pulled over, and volunteered my LTCH since I had to reach for my license (right-side, had gun there.) LEO asked about address on LTCH, I told him I'd already faxed it in, and that was that.

Yeah, I'll get the $20 replacement eventually, but it's just an extra line or two of conversation

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    For the $20 or so - I sure would (unless you plan to change addys again soon). I just don't want any hassle so try to keep everything correct. Probably won't cause trouble with most of the LEO's buy you never know when you may be stopped by one having a bad day, or you may look like a BIL he hates.:dunno::D

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I would definitely get it fixed, but as long as your open and honest to the Officer about it you wont have any problems. I've ran several LTCH's and once they come back valid to that person I looked no further.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Thanks everyone! Would printing a new license take less time to arrive? Since im not having to wait on any approval of a background check this time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's just a piece of paper. No photo even. Why don't they just email an updated copy for you to print and/or store on your smart phone?

I'm sorry. This is just too logical.
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but this never made any sense to me. A drivers license has picture, and now other electronic capabilities ("smart license"), but the handgun permit is, like you said, just a piece of paper, that you can duplicate to your heart's content. Seems like it would at the very least be a picture id, doesn't it? :dunno:

Top Bottom