• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plague421

Expert
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Here is a short video of me attempting a speed shoot of my M44. It wasn't as dark as it seems in the video, my cellphone just doesn't do low light very well...

Is 5 shots in 14 seconds bad? :dunno:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i--HschnHH0"]YouTube - Mosin M44 Muzzle Flashes[/ame]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice. I love the muzzle flash on my M38. The long Mosin's just don't put out the same ball of fire as the short ones do.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Nice video, What ammo are you using?
    If you are just trying to get a big muzzle flash, find you some Czech white tiped rounds with the 44.8gr bullet. It has almost no kick, and gives a big muzzle flash because the lite bullet is out the end of the barrel before all the powder is burned. It will double the muzzle flash in your video.
    I find it at local gun shows, I think the last time I bought a box it cost $2.50 for the 12rd box. You can tell what it is by the lite blue box with the white stripe. It is short range ammo, it only good to about 200yds.
    Czechoslovakian 1964 7.62x54r Hollow Core Short Range

wb5p1h.jpg

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Only complaint I might have is it looks like the camera man was a little too close to the muzzle of the rifle. Other than that very good vid, way to capture the fireball

Plague421

Expert
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Nice video, What ammo are you using?
    If you are just trying to get a big muzzle flash, find you some Czech white tiped rounds with the 44.8gr bullet. It has almost no kick, and gives a big muzzle flash because the lite bullet is out the end of the barrel before all the powder is burned. It will double the muzzle flash in your video.
    I find it at local gun shows, I think the last time I bought a box it cost $2.50 for the 12rd box. You can tell what it is by the lite blue box with the white stripe. It is short range ammo, it only good to about 200yds.
    Czechoslovakian 1964 7.62x54r Hollow Core Short Range

I was using some surplus I got a while back, you know the 400rnd sardine cans. I will look for some of that at this upcoming gun-show in a couple days.

Only complaint I might have is it looks like the camera man was a little too close to the muzzle of the rifle. Other than that very good vid, way to capture the fireball

He wasn't at all, he was at least 5-6 feet away. It was recorded with a cellphone, that's why he seems closer. I thought the same thing after I saw the video on my PC. I'm not sure but I think he had the zoom on. :dunno:

Top Bottom